All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GameEx 16.x crashes on startup after upgrade

Stilkdog

Hey All,

I'm finally back in the scene here as I finally moved into a home and had time to fix and repair my arcade cabinet. Long story short, it's finally near the point of playability again :)

I just updated to the latest GameEX 16.x update and GAMEEX crashes at startup. When I turn off my plugins GameEX works just fine which makes me believe that possibly the new move to 4.0 Net Framework may be breaking older plugins or it's something else?

I've not had much time to do testing but I enjoy using the Random Game Sounds to make it sound like a arcade. I'm not sure if other plugins are affected, but I wanted to see if others are having this issue or if maybe this is just the only plugin with a compatibility issue.

Other than that, so far everything seems to be good on my side Tom and is actually much faster starting up for me with the new 16.x update.

Welcome back! I split your post from the other topic so that it will get the attention it deserves.

While it might not give a lot of information, would you mind attaching copies of your log.txt and gameex.ini files to review?

Thanks!