All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] PinballX and PupVideos

jrv121

Hello everyone, my pup videos for games like masters of the universe, the dark knight don't work on pinball x. I have back glass disabled in the game manager and for some reason I have the B2S back glass showing for all the games with pup packs. Also, in the visual pinball folder in pinball x I don't have any back glass videos or back glass images for those games that have the pup packs. I tried deleting pinball x program and re-installing it and I get the same thing a B2s back glass. Been trying to figure this out for a few days any help would be appreciated, thanks

You will want to attach copies of your pinballx.ini and log.txt files, in addition to a copy of your vp xml file. 

Keep in mind that Pinup is a third party app and support will likely come from other members that run it in conjunction with PinballX.

Do you mean that you want to see the pupvideo during pbx or just in vpx ?

And what do you mean with :

1 hour ago, jrv121 said:

I have back glass disabled in the game manager

If you want a backglass on vpx, you need to check the box "hide backglass". That means it hides the pinballx backglass during emulator.

Is all working when you just launch the vpx table outside pbx ?(with other words:is the pinup player working)

Hi Mike, when I start a game in pinball x say masters of the universe I get a static b2s back glass image and the pup videos don't show when playing the game. before pinball x was installed all my pup videos worked in visual pinball x. I did use pbxr to record all my tables and back glass.

I'm a little confused (not for the first time!)... you used pbx recorder to take backglass images, but you also state that you don't have any backglass images or videos for the tables in the media folders. Can you clarify that a bit?

I'll assume for now that you deleted the images (or videos) created by pbx recorder later on and you don't have any pinballx media for these tables, if that's the case then is the static image you see the actual backglass directb2s file loading on top of the pup videos maybe?. If you still have the .directb2s backglass file in the VP tables folder try renaming the file extension to .olddirectb2s or whatever and give it a go.

If i'm miles off with that suggestion then please also confirm things still work properly if you launch the tables outside pinballx, thanks.

ok I figured it out, in my visual pinball folder I added a 1 after the title for b2s file so it wouldn't show up in visual pinball which worked for Visual Pinball but for pinball x I guess it still read it, so I deleted all games that had the b2s files associated with pup videos and started pinball x and now all games with pup videos work in pinball x. thanks to Draco and mike for your assistance. :D

I asume you don't use DOF? I thougd for proper work of Dof, you need to directb2s file. For the few tables that uses pinup player, I just load the backglass on the background (right click on the backglass and de-select to use in foreground )

1 hour ago, scutters said:

I'm a little confused (not for the first time!)... you used pbx recorder to take backglass images, but you also state that you don't have any backglass images or videos for the tables in the media folders. Can you clarify that a bit?

I'll assume for now that you deleted the images (or videos) created by pbx recorder later on and you don't have any pinballx media for these tables, if that's the case then is the static image you see the actual backglass directb2s file loading on top of the pup videos maybe?. If you still have the .directb2s backglass file in the VP tables folder try renaming the file extension to .olddirectb2s or whatever and give it a go.

If i'm miles off with that suggestion then please also confirm things still work properly if you launch the tables outside pinballx, thanks.

when I used PBX recorder the first time, recorded everything then took them out placed In a separate hard drive while I tried to figure out the games with only pup videos . Also, pup videos work on visual pinball outside of pinball x too. I reinstalled all table and back glass videos back into pinball x checked everything and all seems to be working fine. thanks again everyone for your input :D

2 hours ago, jrv121 said:

hi scutters sorry I didn't mention you did not realize you posted, yes I guess pinball x read the b2s file so when I deleted them all pup videos started to work. thanks, appreciated all suggestions.

No problem, glad you got it sorted :)