All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[Pinball FX3] Player Select Prelauncher

T0mat0

Hi there

I never liked the way I had to chose how many players will play on Pinball FX3 in Cabinet Mode. "ESC- Exitiing SinglePlayer, Switching to Hot Seat",etc.

Luckily we have Startup-Parameters for that. But again: I do not want always with 4 players, but want to be able to select this every time. This is why I wrote a little "Mid"-Launcher that allows me to select the number of players before running a table.

Because videos tell more than 1000 words :) I try to show you what this program does:

Its not an awesome 1Mio Clicks-Video but I hope it is clear enough what this does. So after launching the table in PinballX you get a Player-Selection screen which then starts Pinball FX with or without hotSeat-Mode

This is NOT a PLugin but a (small) standalone application (I did not find a template for C# and maybe the Plugins are not even meant for that)

Feel free to download and use it. It is quite straight forward and a piece of cake for anyone who ever set up a cabinet :)

The File can be downloaded there: https://github.com/OleAlbers/fx3PlayerSelect/releases

Sources and a bit more detailled informations are here: https://github.com/OleAlbers/fx3PlayerSelect/tree/1.0

In addition a screenshot: Not too pretty currently, but you can change colors, Background, Fonts etc. And OF COURSE the orientation :D

Feel free to make any suggestions

selectShot.png

• Like 1

I had created something similar already but besides players it can also select classic or normal play and the ini file is configureable for other systems (i used it also for pinball wicked along with another launcher to select nr of players and action or normal mode)

https://github.com/joyrider3774/PinballX_Launcher_app

to switch between normal and classic mode you can add the -class commandline parameter maybe you can add it as well in your program

• Like 1

While writing that program I was somewhat sure someone did that already even though I did not find anything :)

And interesting to see that we both seem to have chosen the same way to "inject" ourselves before the main launch

To be honest I did not even know about the classic mode. I read about the "-class" parameter at some sites but as a programmer I expected something completely different %-O

About the command-line parameter: My tool simply takes the parameters from PinballX and sends them back to Steam. So adding that to the startup-Parameters in PinballX should work fine.

But if there is a need to have both options (I personally would most likely always play in classic or never) I am happy to add that feature. So: Community: Tell me what you want :)

• 2 years later...

Sorry this topic is a little old, but I'm trying to get Joyriders app to work and can't get it to stay in focus.  I have not tested the one mentioned in this app, but it sounds like it works the same way.  I can press alt/f4 and it puts focus on the app and then works great.  I have also tried the 3 setting available in the .ini file and have not had any luck regardless of how those are set.  I'm sure it's something simple, but anyone have this or Joyrider's app working on a recent copy of FX3?  

Chad

• 1 month later...
On 6/30/2020 at 8:03 AM, Mike_da_Spike said:
On 3/26/2022 at 2:27 AM, Mike_da_Spike said:

I checked this morning again, running PBX 5.41 and all still working.
Setup like Joyrider said :

image.png.c99c549ca7548fbcd1513e39fc56d297.png

maybe it has to do with these settings :

image.png.abf3301ce5c5108b937444deb38c69da.png

Thanks so much for checking and sorry for my late reply.  I did get this working and it was an issue with focus and using full screen setting.  Got it working great now with FX3 and Zaccaria.  Also a huge thanks for you database app!  I have used that so much getting this all setup and it really works well.  Great app!  Chad

• Thanks 1