All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Steam Controller - $5 (more like $15 all said and done)

tthurman

The Steam Controller has been discontinued as of 11-26-19, and as such is being blown out during the Autumn sale. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/353370/Steam_Controller/

The controller never achieved overwhelming acceptance and likewise sort of stumbled out of the gates due to its different approach, which essentially replaced the industry standards sticks and "D" pads with unconventional touch pads. 

A very love/hate relationship with this one that will likely go down as a truly great alternative to traditional controllers that never was fully realized due to its unique characteristics for a controller. 

These are selling like hotcakes and have already sold out in some countries, so don't procrastinate if you're at all interested!

• 2 weeks later...

Draco's Somewhat Weak Attempt at a Review - Part 1

My Steam controller arrived yesterday. I did not take any pics of the "unboxing" due to the time I had available.

Valve box was classy blue and did not resemble the typical clear plastic store wrap you find in retail. They could have saved some coin and protected the controller and accessories but, at the time, they were trying to set themselves apart from the leaders.

The controller felt solid and comparable to my 360 controller in weight and in-hand feel. Included with the controller was a USB A male to USB C male cable to connect the wireless dongle. My understanding is that up to 4 controllers can connect at one time via the dongle. Not shabby and for rigs with limited front facing USB ports, a must have!

To be continued...

Draco's Somewhat Weak Attempt at a Review - Part 2

The gamepad feels pretty solid, much like a 360 controller. The right haptic pad output moves the mouse by default. You've got your classic ABXY buttons as well as trigger buttons on each side. I haven't had a chance to really get into a game just yet, but imagine out of the box it should work just fine. Now to look for customizations.