All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Video Snaps and Music no longer work

SolidSnark

At some point the display of video snaps broke on my system.  Now there's a blank space in the UI where it would normally be when viewing it in list mode.  When you're on the specific game screen you can select "Video Snap" and you get an empty pop-up with an exit button.  There don't appear to be any errors in the log.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I missed the other question in there, sorry. Some of the files are from emumovies and some aren't. The behavior is the same regardless of source. 

The last time it worked was months ago, I hadn't been paying with it much recently but when I went to update my mame version I noticed the new behavior. 

Never mind, I solved it.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the LAV codecs. At first all images displayed black so I uninstalled again, rebooted, installed again, rebooted and now it's working.  I am not sure what screwed up the install in the first place but it's working so I'm not going to worry about it.

Thanks for your help!

• Thanks 1