All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[Fixed] Preview Going Black

goatgonads

When I start PinballX my VPX tables load fine, but when I flip from game to game the playfield preview gets hung up and goes black. If I close it and reopen it, it works on the game that went black and does the same thing on a different game. I have disabled them and tested each individually, and they all work separately.

2 screen w/dmd3 

no addons

Visual Pinball X

Not table specific, if I disable the table that blacked out, or start it on that one, it works and does it on another.

Pinball X 4.01

Any help would be appreciated.

PinballX.ini log.txt

Just some additional questions

Did you download the videos, or did you generate the videos yourself ?

Did you install the LAV filters?

In your attached video, all the videos loads a bit sluggish (sorry to say). Also your backglas videos. Checking the specs, of your system all your hardware looks fine. 

I got most of the files from the PBX online fetch tool. A couple of the stragglers were found on the VPForums site. They all work, I can restart the software on the one that blacks out and it loads that one and just does it on a different one. 

Not sure what LAV filters are?

Tom- I have the most current version installed. New files and video attached, issue persists.

PinballX.ini log.txt

10 minutes ago, goatgonads said:

Not sure what LAV filters are?

See main page of pbx:

https://www.pinballx.com

And just my opinion. For everytable I have, I generate my own playfield and backglass videos. These will be mp4 files that never let me down. Because I have a 4k setup, I capture it via the NVIDIA capture (build in feature of pbx). Foe full HD the normall pbx capture can be used. 

• Like 1

Don't think the backglass is using videos, you're set to use B2S files in the Pinballx (which is fine if intentional, just a bit slower to show than videos), it's the Use DirectB2S option in settings.exe if you want to disable that and use videos for the backglass.

Definitely install the LAV filter as Mike suggested, that might help playfield videos.

• Thanks 1