All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Where to download previous releases?

obliterator

I asked this in a different thread under a different topic and don't want it to get lost/buried there.

The current version of GameEx (16.x) isn't working on my machine. I'd like to be able to download the final 15.x release of both GameEx and GameEx Arcade Edition. I think I found the last GameEx setup file on another site, but I can't find the last GameEx Arcade Edition. I expected to be able to find them here but I've looked all over to no avail. I also browsed the FTP with no luck there either.

Can someone point me to the 15.73 GameEx Arcade Edition setup package?

Thanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

I would rather fix the problem you are having.

I would be happy to test potential fixes, but I'd also like my kids to be able to use it without me having to reset the machine every 10 minutes. In the meantime can I please have the final 15.x version of Arcade Edition to install for them?

The Direct3d display library was changed in the latest release so that could be why. Sure  I can fix it. Any more detail you can provide would be useful.

In this thread I posted all of my findings on working on it for several hours yesterday. The fix for GameEx ended up being downgrading, but only after I exhausted every other avenue. I do not have the corresponding Arcade Edition installer...

Are you using 3d cabinets by any chance?

No.

The Bypass disclaimer feature was also fixed for newer MAME versions so please try turning that off.

I'll give it a shot.

Also, the mysteriously decreasing volume doesn't seem to happen in 15.x either, which I reported in another thread. Maybe another d3d library change issue...