All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Volume decreases to zero on startup

obliterator

Sometimes (not every time), when I open GameEx, the system volume decreases to zero. I can see the volume bars overlay in GameEx going down to zero and then it just stays there, as if the volume key is being held.

I have tried this with nothing but a keyboard connected to the PC, and with nothing but a mouse. It makes no difference.

Any ideas?  I don't actually need to be able to change the volume while GameEx is running, so if I could just have that disabled, that would work for me...

GameEx.ini log.txt

Input could be coming from a bad USB port. Have you checked your USB under Device Settings in Windows to see if there are any showing a problem? Possible to disable one at a time to see if it stops the change?

Device Manager shows everything is fine. There's no spontaneous input anywhere else, meaning that there's no sudden input in other applications or unexplained changes in volume, etc. Signing out and signing back in fixes it for a while. It doesn't happen in Arcade Edition that we've seen.