All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Change rom version used

Jangelj

I’ve searched high and low and can’t figure out how to change the zip file a game is pointed to. How do I edit a specific game in Gameex Arcade?

ive built my first cabinet and I am testing various frontends. In LaunchBox, you just right click a game and you can edit it. That’s where I change the zip file a game is using. I cannot figure out how to do this in Gameex Arcade. 

the game in question is Gauntlet. I want to use the ROM for 2 players so we can choose our character when a coin is inserted. 

gotta say, I am loving Gameex so far!

Thanks. I added “gauntlet” to the do not filter list in Gameex setup wizard, then ran Update list. When complete I selected Gauntlet from the wheel in Gameex, but it still launches the 4 player version, not the 2 player. 

Somewhere, Gameex stores what zip file is used for each game, that’s what I need to change.  

Well, I’ve figured out a work around by following Toms suggestion. I added the rom file I wanted (gauntlet2pr3) to the DONT filter line in the wizard.  After a rescan, now 2 versions of Gauntlet show up in my list. The original (4player) and the 2 player. 

id prefer to not even have the 4 player show up, but I’ve just added the 2p version to my favorites and it works. 

im sure Gameex has a way to simply change the rom file a game points to, a la LaunchBox’s right click Edit menu, but I haven’t found it yet 

that being said, I really like Gameex and will be purchasing a license.