All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Helpful Tips I have learned setting up Gameex

DarkMatter

Here are a few tips and lessons I have learned while setting up Gameex that might help others out.  So you won’t have to go what I went through to figure it out.

1.  On the Emulator Download screen where you check the boxes.  Only the checked ones will show up under “Emulated Games” for Gameex.  Uncheck ones you don’t want to show up.

2.  Under Emulator Setup when you point to a roms folder, Gameex automatically creates “2” more folders.  So the one you pointed to with your games in it is not the folder currently seen by Gameex, but the 2’nd one it created.  Example.  E:\Rom\2600(you pointed to this)  Gameex points to E:\Rom\2600\Atari 2600\Roms(Atari 2600\Roms are both created by Gameex).  The solution is in the next screen(Advanced Emulator Setup) where you simply point back to your original ROM folder and delete the 2 unnecessary ones created by Gameex.

3. 9 times out of 10 when all you get is a black screen for a few seconds and then get taken back to game list, a BIOS file is missing or in the wrong folder.  Also be sure you are downloading the right BIOS for a system as I have seen ones improperly named.

4. I like to keep my C:\ drive as OS only and few key programs.  So I created a folder on a separate drive for Emulators and for Roms.  

5. To get Ootake to work with Turbografx-16, under Advanced Emulator Setup set the 7-zip/rar/etc. setting to Yes.  That will get rid of the unzip32.dll prompt.

6. To get the Snes9x emulator to work without the directx file prompt you need to download DirectX  from Microsofts website.  It will install alot of packages.  Do not download and install the single file.

I will update this as I solve more issues I encounter.