All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] How to clear previous Gamelist?

DarkMatter

I had a couple roms for Atari Jaguar in the .jag format and Gameex pointed to the Jaguar roms folder.  I deleted those and added a different set of Jaguar roms to the folder.

Then I deleted emulator, reinstalled it, and pointed it to the same Jaguar roms folder.  When I go to the Jaguar emulator in Gameex it still sees the old/nonexistent/deleted roms, and not the new set I have added.

I have tried to look for a way to manually force an update so the new list shows and not the old.  Can someone tell me how to do this?  

When I install emulators I install the database/dat files as well.  Is that part of the issue here?

I could be wrong here, but I believe that during the initial configuration that since the rom path is altered from default that it knows to update the list.  Given you just manually added and deleted some folders, this event wasn't triggered, so changing the roms path may prompt an  update.  Note that I have not tried this myself.

I don't recall a manual "update" in EVO like there is in the original GameEx, so if not it's a feature that needs to be added to address exactly the situation you're describing. 

Out of curiosity, why did you delete the emulator?

Oh, I'm currently using original Gameex, as I have had an error on the EVO loading screen, and cannot proceed with that version unless its fixed.

Just wanted to be sure there would be no conflict/errors/etc so I start from scratch concerning the whole Jaguar thing.

Yeah I have all Emulators and Roms on a separate drive.  That way its not on C: where my OS is.  I always have OS on its own drive.  Also I can simply point EVO to same location w/o moving things around when its working.

I'll try changing the path on the roms folder and then back to the main one.  Sounds like a plan that will work.

It has been a learning process, and I might post a topic with some tips here for newbies like myself on a few things that would greatly improve quality of life for getting it all to work.

Unless you have "Hide Update List" changed from the default value in the GameEx Setup Wizard, then the update feature is visible once you launch GameEx.  Go into the MAME section for instance, and  you should see it at or near the bottom.

I tried pointing the emulator to another roms file, exited the wizard.  Checked the Jaguar game list and it remained the same/unchanged.  I then pointed it to the right Rom folder, exited the wizard, checked the game list and still no change.

When I start up Gameex though at bottom I see it scanning all folders/databases though.

Hey DarkMatter,

I believe that tthurman was thinking about Mame as far as the 'Update List' option. The integrated Mame module uses that function to compile the games list, but it must be triggered manually.

Other emulators use a mapfile or filter to control what is displayed for the games list. It is unusual for GameEx to 'hold on' to games that are not there unless you have a mapfile that needs editing or a filter that needs adjusting.

I suggest posting your gameex.ini file for review as well as a pic of the software folder with the files displaying the file extensions (this is where your jaguar games reside).

@tthurmann: howdy buddy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here I was about to post the files and I thought for a minute.  The original were in .jag format.  The current are in .zip.

Under Advanced Emulator Setup I set the field for 7zip/rar/zip to true.  The list is now current and updated.

Strange I could have sworn I had done that in past, but it is working fine now.

Thankyou for the help.

• Like 1