All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinballX 3.95 full screen exclusive mode

Tom Speirs

Hey Tom,

Just to be sure (because I don't really understand those settings).

You mean full screen exclusive mode within vpx, right ?

And pbx must run in Full screen mode, not windowed ?

Edit : tested to set vpx full screen exclusive mode, started game from pbx. Put it in pause, and went back to the game, but focus not on game(flipper buttons won't respond), but see the correct screens. Alt-tab brings me to the correct screen 

I gave 3.95 a quick go yesterday in fullscreen exclusive, it was very smooth in navigation - but unfortunately it didn't like having the media player display over the top of the backglass in attract mode (https://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/22325-plugin-pinballx-media-player/), which make sense because it's exclusive(!), but i guess it proves it was working. For me i'll be using fullscreen windowed but i'm sure it'll be great for others, thanks for continued updates Tom.

1 hour ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Hey Tom,

Just to be sure (because I don't really understand those settings).

You mean full screen exclusive mode within vpx, right ?

And pbx must run in Full screen mode, not windowed ?

Edit : tested to set vpx full screen exclusive mode, started game from pbx. Put it in pause, and went back to the game, but focus not on game(flipper buttons won't respond), but see the correct screens. Alt-tab brings me to the correct screen 

No, this is only purely to do with PBX and always was. It is referring to fullscreen windowed (false for exclusive).

4 minutes ago, Tom Speirs said:

No, this is only purely to do with PBX and always was. It is referring to fullscreen windowed (false for exclusive).

Ah ok. 

So, if full screen windowed is set to no, is that exlusive or must it set to yes ? (Little bit confusion for me)

Don't know what you did Tom, but just tried v3.97 and whatever you did to fix the pause issue also means i can now have the media player in attract mode on top of the backglass with fullscreen windowed set to No (previously pinballx minimized itself)

Is there a definitive way to prove if pinballx is running exclusive rather than just fullscreen?

Confirmed v3.98 is back to exclusive fullscreen for me (and like v3.95 not compatible with media player plugin with visible player, not a problem though as i can just to it pbx back to fullscreen windowed [or set plugin to non visible])

25 minutes ago, scutters said:

Confirmed v3.98 is back to exclusive fullscreen for me (and like v3.95 not compatible with media player plugin with visible player, not a problem though as i can just to it pbx back to fullscreen windowed [or set plugin to non visible])

It should still work if it is not on the primary display as far as I can think. So perhaps try and bring it to the front/focus. It could be when the display is initialized its losing focus.

27 minutes ago, Tom Speirs said:

It should still work if it is not on the primary display as far as I can think. So perhaps try and bring it to the front/focus. It could be when the display is initialized its losing focus.

Yeah, it's a little bit strange as it's only a small window on backglass, but causes pinballx to minimize when shown. Might just be a windows media player 'feature' with exclusive fullscreen apps.

Fair enough, i'm not sure if navigation was any smoother or not for me with it enabled. I might just have perceived a placebo effect initially, but i certainly didn't notice the difference when i went to 3.97 from 3.95 and assumed it was still running exclusive anyway.