All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Pinball X shows multiples of same tables on selection wheel after a while in attract

DGPG35

As the title says... multiples of the same table will pop up on the selection wheel after sitting in attract mode for a while.

It just started doing it this last week after I updated to 3.94 and then had to roll back to 3.88 because 3.94 kept crashing causing BSOD (3.88 does not cause BSOD).

It now does it no matter which version of PBX I use, I tried many different releases (3.78, 3.85, 3.88, 3.93, 3.94).

This is on a completely up to date Windows 10 build with the latest Nvidia driver that Windows will force install (432.00). This issue was present before my pc received the 432.00 driver update.

Thank You for any assistance on this issue.

PC = 4790k, RTX 2060, 16GB 2400 DDR3 ram

Please attach copies of your pinballx.ini and log.txt files for review (no copy and paste please). 

Also, knowing what table emulators/simulators are in use might be helpful to know.

31 minutes ago, Tom Speirs said:

Don't know about the BSOD but  the list issue is a known issue in earlier fairly recent versions. Should be good in 3.94 or 3.95.

PSL BSOD is not normally software but hardware or driver issue, Could be overheating or failing hardware,

Thank you both for the immediate response, very much appreciated !

I will run 3.95 for a while and see what happens, will report back either way. :)

It's not hardware and the only new driver is the Nvidia driver but the issue was there before that driver installed, aside from that it has been running for hours on 3.88.

CAB:

Running VPX 10.6 final (usual suspects all up to date), Pinball FX2, Pinball FX3 and I have PinUp running with the tables where I enjoy that addition (maybe 10 out of the 159 I currently have running).

40" 4K PF, 27" 4K BG, 15" DMD/Topper

If you have a BSOD next time, can you post the dump file (or mini dump)?

In cluding pbx log and config.ini

I never had a bsod and I run attract mode daily for hours. I also have muliple systems and total of 1100 tables.

And Tom is right (of course he is). Bsod is caused by faulty driver or bad hardware

Well 3.95 has been running for hours with no issues. :)

It's certainly possible that a driver caused it (Windows update) but it's not the hardware, I considered that possibility and ran prime95 for several hours without any issue.

If it returns I'll be back. 

Thank you !!!