All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

FX3 Monster Bash lag

BrandonLaw

I have a 1070ti w/Ryzen 5 1700 6 core.  I have smaa on for VPX and crank the graphics everywhere...no lag...60+ fps.  Monster bash multiball crushes the frames.  Seems to have been on the only game during multi-ball I can get to do this.   I'm not more than an iteration behind my graphics drivers, but that's what I'll try next.  I even tried killing Dmdext as that was just revamped.  Not the culprit.  Anyone else notice this table being an FPS crusher?

Its not your system, many people having same results. Monster bash is just more demanding than other tables. Nothing you can do about it except perhaps lowering gfx settings. I have no problems with the table on full hd but i also don't play with full gfx settings on. Not sure if zen is going to adress the issue but forums discord and facebook people saw similar things.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

For me the lowering of AA didn't work, but changing resolution lower, was better for me.

ah did not know that. But not sure many people will lower their resolutions for just one table that has performance issues. Best bet would be if zen tried to fix it but i don't see it happening soon. I do think they are aware as numerous people mentioned it on the pfx3 discord and i saw some posts on steam discutions as well.

I turned off AA, and seems to have sorted it for now.  Running 4k, there really isn't anything terribly noticeable.  Also, I did notice turning the shadows to low with 2xAA was working, but I'd rather have better shadows, so I turned off AA.  This will have to do for now!