All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

FX3 tables - Using Different Parameters

jdsabin1

6 hours ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

RTFM Mike  RTFM ....

Sorry ! I'm a real IT prof. Never read the manual.

Sorry ! :cheers:

No problem, btw @Mike_da_Spike try this version PinballFX3Launcher.zip  now, replace exe, run it once and check ini file, it will have added a LAUNCHBUTTON2 entry which you can change. Default is joystick button 1 which equals B button on a XBOX 360 joypad to also be used as a the launch button. Just an alternate (extra) button for LAUNCHBUTTON

just released the new v4.0 version and sources contains all the latest changes that have been added the last few days.

https://github.com/joyrider3774/PinballX_Launcher_app/releases/tag/4.0

- Added Alternate Keyboard and Joypad launch key / button (LAUNCHKEY2 and LAUNCHBUTTON2 ini settings)
- Added window dragging and startup position support (REPOSITIONWINDOW, POSLEFT, POSTOP ini settings)

documentation about the new settings has been updated as well

https://github.com/joyrider3774/PinballX_Launcher_app

• Like 1

Do you use steam or a "standalone" version of Pinball FX3?
If you have a "standallone" version, change the PinballFX3Launcher.ini :

PATH=C:\<PATH TO FX3 exe>\Pinball FX3.exe
and change the follwoing to 1 
DONTREADSTEAMPATHREG=1

This will avoid that the steam path is reading from registry (I highly recommend to use steam and install Steam)

(also remove the -offline, this will avoid you to have check the leader boards etc.)

1 hour ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Do you use steam or a "standalone" version of Pinball FX3?
If you have a "standallone" version, change the PinballFX3Launcher.ini :

PATH=C:\<PATH TO FX3 exe>\Pinball FX3.exe
and change the follwoing to 1 
DONTREADSTEAMPATHREG=1

This will avoid that the steam path is reading from registry (I highly recommend to use steam and install Steam)

(also remove the -offline, this will avoid you to have check the leader boards etc.)

I get to load pinball FX3 but I get 1 Player and select table
I also have an offline position because this way since PinballX does not make me have to touch any button or keyboard, leave the table directly, but with this it ignores

my PFX3 version is standra but cabinet mode activated

PinballFX3Launcher.ini

1 hour ago, susoarkangel said:

I get to load pinball FX3 but I get 1 Player and select table
I also have an offline position because this way since PinballX does not make me have to touch any button or keyboard, leave the table directly, but with this it ignores

my PFX3 version is standra but cabinet mode activated

PinballFX3Launcher.ini 1.44 kB · 0 downloads

Change the following line

STARTPARAMS=--table_[TABLEFILE] -offline

To

STARTPARAMS=-applaunch 442120

The "table_[TABLEFILE]" is a passthrough from pbx (and tablefile will be the tablename you selected)

9 hours ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Change the following line

STARTPARAMS=--table_[TABLEFILE] -offline

To

The "table_[TABLEFILE]" is a passthrough from pbx (and tablefile will be the tablename you selected)

With this last one, I worked a lot thanks for your help

Not sure setting it as parameter in pinball x settings app wil work the laucher only takes 1st parameter but hae not tried. Better to do it in the pinball fx 3 launchers ini file at the end of startparams if i remember correctly. Am not at home to verify atm

@susoarkangel In pinball FX3.ini change

to

STARTPARAMS=-applaunch 442120 -offline

On 11/9/2019 at 9:03 PM, joyrider3774 said:

Not sure setting it as parameter in pinball x settings app wil work the laucher only takes 1st parameter but hae not tried. Better to do it in the pinball fx 3 launchers ini file at the end of startparams if i remember correctly. Am not at home to verify atm

@susoarkangel In pinball FX3.ini change

to

STARTPARAMS=-applaunch 442120 -offline

After restarting and retesting, I don't know what happened but the script for pinball takes almost 1 minute to appear on the screen

• 3 months later...

I installed the player select plugin last night and it is working great!  Took dumb me a few minutes to figure out which github file I needed.  Once I had the right file is was easy cheesy.  I think this will make me more likely to suggest FX3 tables when friends come over.  I never liked breaking out the keyboard to manipulate the FX3 menu.  It effectively "broke the illusion"!

Version 4.1 Released, nothing major but i added in support for changing the text colors using the ini. Github page is updated with info about the colors that needs to be in hexadecimal RGB format (color1 selected button, color2, disabled button, color3 title credits and countdown timer). If you don't need to respecify colors you don't need to download this release if it's already working for you.

• Thanks 1