All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Loading Gifs

scutters

We've got topics for loading images and loading videos so i figured we may as well have one for loading gifs following pinballx v3.76 (https://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/23261-news-pinballx-376/).  Edit : there was a topic for loading gifs already! https://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/17042-pbx-206-animated-gifs/, check that out for a few more options.

Loading gifs will be automatically placed in the centre of the screen on top of a playfield snapshot if this option is set under Settings;

image.png.6d51f00aff7f4dcef87ca4241e1e0441.png

I've converted the DMD style image sequences i use for Loading Videos as pseudo semi transparent gifs for this use. Extract from the zip and save them to your PinballX\Media\Loading Images\ folder, Pinballx will pick one at random as an overlay on the playfield image during table load. If you want more flexibility but not straight out of the box options then you should check the Loading Videos topic.

Two versions of the GIFs available, with the background lighter (more transparent) or darker (less transparent), try both and pick whichever suits your tastes best (or use both versions if you want).

JD

LW3

MM

T2

TAF

Gifs based mainly on DMD colourisation work; http://vpuniverse.com/forums/forum/138-pin2dmd-dmd-colorization-works-in-progress/

Please share your own!

GIFs_Dark.zip GIFs_Light.zip

Edited by scutters
Dark and Light versions of GIFs
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, bushav said:

I wish that they were a little more visible on the playfield but that is probably a function of the overlay software and not your images.

You mean like on a solid black bar across the middle of the screen, rather than the semi transparent effect?

First post updated with two versions of the GIFs, now with an option for a darker background if you want. Note that the graphics of the frames are also improved, so even if you were happy with the background in the first version it is worth deleting them and downloading the new version (gifs_light for the same background as original)

After playing around with an idea I've updated the loading image derandomiser plugin to work in the same way for gifs as it did before for the 'use loading folders' option in PinballX  (https://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/23127-plugin-pinballx-loading-video-image-changer-de-randomiser-v2/)

This means you can have gifs assigned to be used for specific tables or systems by naming the gif as the table name, table description or system name.

Attached is a starter pack of simple gifs (just Loading... text) for ~50 tables (you will need to use the plugin to avoid random gifs being used), with a couple of examples below;

1136359495_24(Stern2009).thumb.gif.bd6fcecbf23a387ff225e3b25611a64b.gif

252814819_ACDCPremium(Stern2012).thumb.gif.f675bf847fa209dffb25c3de872cf287.gif

All the gifs are 4 frame loops, 1080*270. I've tried to match fonts & colours to the tables as well as i could (more successfully on some than on others), overall they work pretty well (actually better than i expected)

You will need to check the gif names in the zip match your table names or descriptions when you extract them to your PinballX\Media\Loading Images folder in order for them to work, and as I haven't duplicated any gifs in the zip you may also be able to re-use some for more than one table by just creating a copy yourself depending on what tables you have enabled (e.g. multiple Simpsons tables).

Also note the subfolder 'Alternates' in the zip, this contains a few gifs that you could use as a default for a system (by naming it to match the system name) or as a replacement to the default graphic used by PinballX by renaming one to loading.gif (and copying to PinballX\Media\Loading Images), these would then be used where there is no specific tablename gif file found.

Hope that makes sense, let me know if not. 

Just remember, i never claimed to be an artist.. so if you can do better - please do!!

Gifs by table.zip

• Like 2

Cheers Mike, i'll probably be doing a few more.. but not another 750!

Even though loading videos load faster still, this way doesn't need much in the way of maintenance or disk space so it looks like i'll be saying a fond farewell to the videos :(, they served me well. 

By the way, a guru p1ss artist i may well be..

:cheers:

A few more of the non dmd style for those who want the animation logo to match the table using the derandomiser. Again, you'll need to check names of the files match your table names or descriptions, and you may be able to re-use for several tables, or as default if you want..  the choices are yours!

Scared Stiff;

503557017_ScaredStiff(Bally1996).thumb.gif.7cad2085aa9772d7bd767275333c2030.gif

Gifs by table 2.zip

• Like 1

.. and a few system logo style gifs for non random use (plugin will use as default for system if named the same as the system name and no table name gif found). Several VP ones to cover main logo styles used. As before any can be used for individual tables, sytems, or as a loading.gif default.

103404410_VisualPinball.thumb.gif.2f6b265da77d065b4069bfc2ca987b10.gif

System Gifs.zip

On 10/27/2019 at 2:39 PM, scutters said:

.. and a few system logo style gifs for non random use (plugin will use as default for system if named the same as the system name and no table name gif found). Several VP ones to cover main logo styles used. As before any can be used for individual tables, sytems, or as a loading.gif default.

103404410_VisualPinball.thumb.gif.2f6b265da77d065b4069bfc2ca987b10.gif

System Gifs.zip 104.56 kB · 1 download

@scutters which font is that and how did you create the text ? Was it using gimp if so can you tell me the settings or did you place the same text 3 times over each other each time with a different size ?

A load more loading gifs by table. Also included in the zip is a manufacturer subfolder, for tables without a specific gif where you don't want one in system style you can use one of those instead (copy and rename to match table). 

1859472695_Avatar(Stern2010).thumb.gif.dd8132b40f635c5838982983479624ce.gif

Just to be clear - these gifs by table are intended to be used with the derandomiser plugin and need to be named to match the tables or systems in your setup, some are well suited to multiple tables but that will depend on what you have. The DMD style loading gifs will work better as random overlays if you don't want to check the filenames or use the derandomiser.

Gifs by table 3.zip

• Like 1

wow. You spend a lot of time to match all tables/systems/manufactures with the font. Did you also create a list with the matching fonts ?
really cool @scutters

I used some of the, but maybe want to know some system fonts that you used, to create new system backglass and (real) dmd videos

7 hours ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Did you also create a list with the matching fonts ?

I should have, but no i didn't :wacko:.. should be easy enough to match them back though. Let me know what you need.

All the fonts are free for non commercial, but for the manufacturer fonts the ones i used for the loading text were 'near enough' - and probably won't stand up side by side if you want to rewrite the logo with them

EDIT: here's a few systems

FP - coca cola ii or  loki cola
VP styles - segoe print, alba matter, flottflott, banff
FX3 -  sf quartzite extended

A couple i didn't do gifs for:    Bingo gameroom - plaza regular ,  Malzbies - magneto bold

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Note, if you don't want the loading gifs across the middle of your playfield screen then you can resize the canvas used by them. One way to reposition them to the bottom of the playfield screen is go on to https://www5.lunapic.com/editor/?action=quick-upload and upload the gif, Edit->Resize Canvas to 1080w*1920h, leave canvas colour as transparent, then change image position to lower center..  and Bob's your uncle.

... or you could just grab the DMD style gifs for bottom of playfield off the FTP ;), /-PinballX-/Other Uploads/scutters/Loading Gifs/DMD , i'm not posting them here as they're just the same except for position.

• Like 1