All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Pinball FX3 does not start in Pinball X

susoarkangel

Pinball fx3 does not open in PinballX
he devidotocar something because it does not make sense that it worked for me and regrets it does not load me Pinball FX3, this one does load out of PinballX but if I select a table from Pinball X it opens Pinball FX3 steam
I don't know if I have to copy a steam file in pinball FX3 or Pinball FX3 to Steam
They can help me, I don't know what else to do he desistalado and installed repeatedly Steam, Pinball X but I have no way.

Edited by susoarkangel

I do not believe this is directly related to PinballX.  The process is trying to start correctly but exits immediately upon trying to start FX3.  I see you have a GT630...benchmarks show the minimum card to run FX3 is gt450.  Benchmarks show the GT630 is less than that?  Have you actually had FX3 running correctly from steam launch?  Also, make sure you launch through steam at least once after initial install.

image.thumb.png.35641bb7be30df074878b296e914f577.png

Let's back up a minute. Is this a standalone version of Pinball FX3 or the Steam Version? If it is the Steam version, then the install directory being noted does not look correct to me.

2 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

Let's back up a minute. Is this a standalone version of Pinball FX3 or the Steam Version? If it is the Steam version, then the install directory being noted does not look correct to me.

It is the independent version but Steam, I mean that I have not downloaded it from steam but it is a version that has up to volume 3 of williams and is steam since I have had it running until boomb stopped working and just wants to connect steam

4 hours ago, BrandonLaw said:

I do not believe this is directly related to PinballX.  The process is trying to start correctly but exits immediately upon trying to start FX3.  I see you have a GT630...benchmarks show the minimum card to run FX3 is gt450.  Benchmarks show the GT630 is less than that?  Have you actually had FX3 running correctly from steam launch?  Also, make sure you launch through steam at least once after initial install.

image.thumb.png.35641bb7be30df074878b296e914f577.png

It's not that it closes, it's that you want to open the Steam and search to download steam pinball FX3. The version that I have even installs steam_emu.ini steam_api.cdx steamclinet.dll in the pinball fx3 directory

Good catch @Draco1962! That this was not the steam version.  I didn't noticed that.

Normally the steam games are under the steam directory, but you have a "standalone" version. 

Right now you want to launch steam.exe but the path doesn't match to fx3 game.

First try it if you can launch it from the command line (outside pinballx).

Try instead of steam.exe the path to pinball fx3.exe with the parameters. This also works for the original steam version and loads a coupke of seconds faster.

I do not know what else to do, I have reinstalled everything for 3 times, installed Pinball FX 3 of an iso that I have with the Williams 4 pack this works all tables and active cabinet mode from windows.
I install STEAM
Install PinballX I configure Pinball FX3 I put the socks and everything ok but when I tell him to play a table I get a STEAM screen to download Pinball FX3, I download it although I have my full version of 91 tables in windows installed.
I ask you for help please to be able to play with the 91 FX3 pinball tables since if under Steam there is only one available the others are paid
Attached .ini files in case they can help
thank you

steam 2.PNG

steam pinball fx3 no dowload steam.PNG

pinballxfx3.PNG

log.txt Pinball FX3.xml PinballX.ini PinballX-fx3windows.ini

I merged your latest topic in with the one you started for the very same issue a few days ago.

I am not sure that what your asking for is possible as the integrated Pinball FX3 support is geared towards launching the Steam version.

You may need to setup your non-Steam version to run as another program and any tables purchased via Steam through the integrated Pinball FX3 support only.

Not an ideal solution but may be the only way this works for your situation.

Did you try launching FX3 directly instead of via steam, maybe also adding the offline flag? So ini file entries like;

WorkingPath=C:\Games\Pinball FX3
Executable=Pinball FX3.exe
Parameters=-applaunch 442120 "-table_[TABLEFILE]" -offline

7 hours ago, scutters said:

Did you try launching FX3 directly instead of via steam, maybe also adding the offline flag? So ini file entries like;

WorkingPath=C:\Games\Pinball FX3
Executable=Pinball FX3.exe
Parameters=-applaunch 442120 "-table_[TABLEFILE]" -offline

The sleepy table opens and I can play thanks a lot, but I found another big problem when I want to leave that table to return to the selection menu of pinballX ignores. I say that Pinball FX3 once entered with these parameters does not return to pinballX any solution?

23 minutes ago, joyrider3774 said:

This is only a guess but verify that process to monitor is correct set to "Pinball FX3.exe" to return to pinballx

If I configure the process to monitor "Pinball FX3.exe" as it loads, the Pinball FX3 logo closes and returns to PinballX to select a table.
I don't know if anything could exist so that if I select the Q key, it will close Pinball FX3 completely and return to the PinballX selection menu

I think his name is Killtask but I have no idea to do it. I am sincere newbie. I am not a newbie.

57 minutes ago, susoarkangel said:

If I configure the process to monitor "Pinball FX3.exe" as it loads, the Pinball FX3 logo closes and returns to PinballX to select a table.
I don't know if anything could exist so that if I select the Q key, it will close Pinball FX3 completely and return to the PinballX selection menu

I think his name is Killtask but I have no idea to do it. I am sincere newbie. I am not a newbie.

I am trying to make an .ahk file to close pinball fx3 when I leave the table but the key that I put Q does not work for me and it also remains open as many times as I have tried the file ahk.exe
Know how to help me since this would work

7 hours ago, susoarkangel said:

The sleepy table opens and I can play thanks a lot, but I found another big problem when I want to leave that table to return to the selection menu of pinballX ignores. I say that Pinball FX3 once entered with these parameters does not return to pinballX any solution?

Try to run pinballx as admin, run a table, play an hit the exit button.

This should work

2 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

So all issues reported in this thread are resolved? If so, as there were several option offered, would you mind noting which fixed the launching issue first reported?

the launching issue was fixed by using Pinball fx3.exe as launch instead of using steam.exe 

6 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

So all issues reported in this thread are resolved? If so, as there were several option offered, would you mind noting which fixed the launching issue first reported?

run as administrator
WorkingPath = C: \ Games \ Pinball FX3
Executable = Pinball FX3.exe
Parameters = -applaunch 442120 "-table_ [TABLEFILE]" -offline

• Draco1962 changed the title to [RESOLVED] Pinball FX3 does not start in Pinball X
  • Draco1962 locked this topic