All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Real DMD color images busted?

BrandonLaw

Tried a fresh install with a fresh .ini.  Posted the updated log/ini, but still nothing on the DMD.   Doesn't see Real Color DMD videos for FX3 and Real Color DMD Images for VP.  Almost like it doesn't see the DMD media folders at all via the front-end outside of b2s?  Worked before I did all this 'systems' stuff.

Appreciate you gents looking!  I've always displayed the b2s and VP real roms and again, this actually works as intended.  I can't display FX3 DMD videos or VP color images only in PBX.  Freezy's inside of FX3 works great.   Here is another observation, when I fire up my cab, the pindmdv3 just shows the logo for itself and normally PBX will show that it's trying to display something...either turning it dark or showing frontend media...it does not do this any longer.  Like it's not trying to initialize a driver or looking for the directory where the media is located or even looking for the media at all?  Until I scroll to a tabl with VP ROM the DMD is otherwise unacknowledged.   @Tom SpeirsWhat driver is used to output images and video to the dmd in the frontend and does PBX create registry entries for the media directories?  When I fired up 'systems' it did not want to revert no matter where I edited the feature so I reinstalled, but I feel some of it's settings are residual somewhere.

22 minutes ago, Tom Speirs said:

Im not entirely sure what happened but I just released 3.84 and its working for me.

Still busted.  Going back to 3.78 as I did 20 min ago! haha.  Sorry man.  You want some logs or something?  3.78 works fine.  Maybe @Mike_da_Spike can give it a shot, but I'm sure his woes mirror mine on this front.  @Tom SpeirsAre you using a PinDMDv3?

10 minutes ago, Tom Speirs said:

I have pindmd3. Yes, of course logs.

What exactly is not working, is it just in game or is the dmd not working at all?

Is it PinMame in front end or just video and images?

You were not too descriptive buddy.

Sorry, my dude.  I was super descriptive at the beginning of this thread, but to answer your question, it's just the media for the DMD.  Almost like it doesn't scan or doesn't try to scan that directory?  It could also not be initiating the driver to output the media at all...I really don't know but the DMD is otherwise unacknowledged.  Works fine with ROMs for VP in the front end, but scroll to an FX table...or a VP table that only uses a static image, and back to black.   Hope this helps.  Let me know what log would let you know what directories are scanned/found or that the correct driver is loaded to display media and i'll upload her.  My standard log is there at the top of the thread.