All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Gameex runs really slow/Videos are laggy

Kartoffel1935

Hello Everyone!

I've just installed Gameex and configured it. I'm just using Mame. Nothing else. I've downloaded Videos from Emumovies. 

My Computer is a i3-4160 @ 3.6 GHZ, 6 GB of Ram and  a Radeon HD 4350 running CRT Emudriver.

The problems I have is: Gameex runs really slow. It takes a while in the menus to select the next thing. Also videos lag a lot :-/  Also sometimes videos take forever to load :(

I do have the lavfilters from the gameex homepage installed. Do I need to configure something somewhere?

I use the default theme

is my system too slow? 

here's my gameex.ini

GameEx.ini

Not sure what is going on but Tom may need to address. Concerned about the slowness reported and the error in the log:

00:06:53.76 10/8/2019: 21 Consecutive Exceptions Occured 00:06:53.76 10/8/2019: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 00:06:53.77 10/8/2019: at GameEx.GameEx.MainForm.d1() 00:06:53.77 10/8/2019: Trying reinitialising the display after sleeping for 4 seconds 00:06:53.77 10/8/2019: Exception count will be dropped to 15 00:06:58.55 10/8/2019: initialized display 00:06:58.55 10/8/2019: Display is running at: 640x480 32bit color, 60hz 00:07:12.72 10/8/2019: Exiting GameEx!

It should run fine in that setup. Not really sure right now. Maybe something to do with the GroovyMAME driver. Do you have LAV Codecs installed?

Please be a bit more description about what is slow or a video perhaps?

It does look like something is up I see the display initializing a lot in the log file.

I have used GameEx with the CRT driver but on Windows 10 and had no issues. So maybe not that exactly.

You could try runming GameEx fullscreen but windowed see if  that help.

Yes, like I said in post 1: I have the Lav codecs installed. I downloaded them from the gameex homepage. 

And like I said: everything is slow. It feels like the program is running with 10fps or something. When I press down for example on the controller/keyboard, it takes a while before the cursor moves down and it moves slow. Also videos are stuttering a lot and the sound of the video is sometimes faster or lags behind the video. 

I try to record a video tomorrow when I have the time. 

I was using windows 10 before too, but I had the same issues