All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Backglasses not showing since update vpx10.6

pcx1

I updated to the official vpx 10.6 today, now in pinballx. When i load a table i cannot see the backglass anymore. They do however still load cause if i press alt tab i can see it,loading and pressing it a few times. The backglass stays on, was working all wel before the update, did i forget something?

I bet you ran the all in one installer, and that also updated B2SServer which is now sent to the back by default.

Open B2STableSettings.xml in your visual pinball\tables folder and add this line in the top section (make a backup copy first, just in case)

<FormToFront>1</FormToFront> 

Not a bug in pbx, but a feature in the new b2sserver.

This is to put pinupplayer to front (so b2s is not on top anymore, but will hide behind pinup player)

Because pbx has a black screen (to hide icons) it will show the b2sserver behind that screen.

Maybe an option is to check if pinupplayer is runnong, if not, put the b2sserver exe to front? Not sure if that is possible for you ?

I'm using the new b2sserver for a while now and uses Scutters solution. 

I had it months ago when installing the b2sserver component. Without pinupplayer my b2sserver backglass was by default behind the pbx window after launching a vpx table. When right click on the backglass, there is an option too (per table) bring to front (if I still remember it, notat a pc now)

Thats a check if you have the new version.

Odd. I'm 98% sure :P(

Not sure if @pcx1is using pinupplayer. If set it up for less than 5 tables that really needs a pinuppack. I noticed that b2sserver is starting slower when having pinupplayer.

Strange that you cant reproduce it

Edit: if there is a wokarround to get all working, you still want to adress it for pbx issue Tom ?

Video was done with v3.75 version of PBX. Also have it with the 64 bit version you added to this post (see log file)

log.txt

Sorry. need to go now. Be back late night again :( 

edit:damned(sorry for my language), just noticed that pbx 3.76 was released. Didn't check the new feature. Above was tested with v3.75 and on top the exe you posted 

Edited by Mike_da_Spike
Extra text added