All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] pinball fx3 shuts down after few seconds

killa7977

i'm having an issue with latest version of pinball x. vpx works flawlessly, but when i start pinball fx3 within the frontend, it launches, it loads the table, then suddenly shuts it down after few seconds and return to the main menù

outside the frontend fx3 works like it should

any idea why this happens?

thanks for help

log.txt PinballX.ini

I have my Steam installed in c:\pinball and launched fx3 from the steam directory. If you launch it from steam.exe, will it works better ? (I skipp steam.exe too, saves me 3 seconds of loading, but I have an original copy)

Maybe this post helps you:

6 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

Your version of Pinball FX 3 looks a bit "iffy" but everything in the config looks normal.

"Iffy" or not, It should work in Pinball x as It works outside Pinball X. I'm making test on cab before buying a game i can't use on It ;)

I don't understand why Pinball X exits the game without any reason, with an older version It worked....

2 hours ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

I have my Steam installed in c:\pinball and launched fx3 from the steam directory. If you launch it from steam.exe, will it works better ? (I skipp steam.exe too, saves me 3 seconds of loading, but I have an original copy)

Maybe this post helps you:

Lol, he resolved Just with no space in launch cmd? I Will try later, but i doubt this Is the problem. Will let you know

28 minutes ago, Draco1962 said:

On 3.47 were you using the 32-bit install of PinballX or 64-bit version? 

Not sure about that mate,  I don't remember honestly. Do you think it has something to do with this?

I'm sure that the version i have right now Is 64 bit....

1 hour ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

On 3.47 you where indeed using 32bit of pbx (just checked your logfile in the plugin post)

Not sure if this could cause issues. I'm using 64bit too

Ohhhhh

What do i miss if i  install 32 bit version of last pbx build?

A few versions ago PinballX installer favors 64-bit over 32-bit. Generally there should be no issues, but there may be some problems still with plugins, etc. that are not otherwise optimised for running via a 64-bit frontend.

Would be worth a shot to install the latest build over the top of your current and select the 32-bit install. Attach new copies of your pinballx.ini and log.txt files in reply with your results. It may be a quick fix for Tom depending on the results or if more testing is required.

1 hour ago, Draco1962 said:

A few versions ago PinballX installer favors 64-bit over 32-bit. Generally there should be no issues, but there may be some problems still with plugins, etc. that are not otherwise optimised for running via a 64-bit frontend.

Would be worth a shot to install the latest build over the top of your current and select the 32-bit install. Attach new copies of your pinballx.ini and log.txt files in reply with your results. It may be a quick fix for Tom depending on the results or if more testing is required.

Ok, then i Will try later and post results over here.

But i Will notice any difference from 64 to 32 bit? There should be any disadvantage?

ok, no good news, for me. i've tried everything. pbx 1.47 32bit, and 64 bit.

then back to  1.74 both 32bit and 64 bit. almost the same result. the only difference is that with the older version as you can see it "stays" in the game a little bit more. then it suddenly get back to pbx menu

now i'm stuck, but i'm 100% sure it worked before upgrading (in fact statistics says tha i've spend a lot of time in fx3)

after all those tries, i played and hour straight on the same fx3 table, outside pbx ;(

here some files if anyone is able to help me out

thanks for your time

log.txt PinballX.ini log.txt PinballX.ini

Similar issue was fixed back in v3.31 (https://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/22092-fx3-tables-crashing-to-pbx-menu-after-launch/)

I'd try going back further to V3.31 to confirm if issue is still present there. If it isn't that'll give Tom something to go on, if it is try the renaming pinball fx3.exe to pinballfx3.exe if you haven't already. 

well guys, i don't know how to say it....let's get this straight , i apologize for my dumbness, i'm a moron.

pbx wasnt set to run as admin, whle fx3 is. :( that was the problem

i'm sorry for my mistake and for making you lost your time

thanks tom for your last advice that pointed me to the right direction

• Like 1