All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Video Snap Aspect Ratio conserved ?

Rochabian

Hi 

I use a 4:3 CRT monitor and a resolution of 1280x960 for Gameex

The video snaps for most systems fill the screen because they are 4:3 videos but for some systems that use 16:9, the video snaps are stretched

Is there a setting to force video snaps ratio to be conserved and not stretched to fill the entire screen

I've tried to use 1280x720 resolution for Gameex and it's the same : 16:9 videos looks great but 4:3 are stretched to 16:9 :(

How to modify this ?

I play 16:9 games in 1280x720 so yes it adds a border on top and bottom but tha'ts better than a stretched image.

I've already reencoded some videos menu for emulators  wich was 1280x720 videos to 1280x960 (with black border on  top & bottom ) and it's fine but as emumovies & other sources provides 16:9 videos snaps, i don't want to reencode them all.

And it's the same with background images, they are stretched too.

Can such option be added in the future or is it a limitation of the engine ?

EDIT But it seems to work with some artworks. PSX game box art are square pictures and are not stretched........Don't know why it works for some pictures and not for all....I think the engine is set to fill the height so vertical image like boxes art are not stretched, but if width is too high its stretched to fill the height. As it's the same problem for guys with a 16:9 screens and 4:3 snaps (black borders are left & right ), I am surprised to be the only one to make the remark. Perhaps you could add a test and if width is superior to height then image/video fill width instead of height. I don't know if it's feasible like that or it's not planned.

Thanks

It's a bit annoying not to be able to use 16: 9 and 4: 3 artworks on the same setup without stretching

Despite that, Gamex is still the most flexible front end, so it's ok, but it would be perfect if it could be fixed

• 1 month later...