All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Neo-Geo Roms / 3D Games on MAME

Sivart

Hi everyone,

I just bought a Lifetime Licence yesterday and been trying to set everything up. I downloaded a ROM pack with 6000-ish games in it and it had a working version of MAME included in it. I tried it out and the games seemed to work no issues and the games were detected on that particular MAME version. I downloaded the MAME System Pack that is available on the forum in order to install the emulator into my GameEX. The pack installed but most of my ROMs were missing, particularly the ones I wanted to play; Neo-Geo games and Tekken 2, Tekken 3 and Tekken Tag 1. Do I need a separate emulator for these types of ROMs or am I just missing something? Any help would be appreciated.

If the ROMS you acquired from another source (please be aware that we do not discuss how or where to acquire ROMS as that is a verboten topic per the forum rules) are not the same version of the version in the System Pack, and if you missed any steps to validate the ROMS following, then that can happen. 

As I do not run GameEx Evolution, I am not going to be much help so someone else that does will have to help if what I noted above does not get you sorted.