All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Need Help with Rearranging Monitors

GTO

Alright everyone, here is my issue that is driving me crazy.   For some reason, I have my monitors arranged as below (Main playfield 1, backglass 2, and DMD 3).

image.thumb.png.cf5db5abfa35e90654590f906f1b21ce.png

However, after playing a PinballFX3 game, my monitors decide to re-arrange themselves to the following:

image.thumb.png.8a715200eebed778f9fa02ed8ad10c7a.png

It's driving me crazy and I've tried just about everything.  A couple of things to note: when I play my first game of PinballFX3, the DMD is on top of my 2nd monitor (where the backglass should be), but once I exit and play another game of PBFX3, then the backglass and DMD are fine (I guess after they've re-arranged themselves).  Since I copuld not figure it out, I had to se my VPX backglass and DMD to match the second screenshot monitor arrangement.  Sor right now, my workaround is to play a PBFX3 first, exit, and then both VPX and PBFX3 have the backglass and DMD in the right location. 

As you can imagine, that gets old pretty fast.  The other issue is that the backglass does not show up on the frontend for my PBFX3 tables.  Even after the monitors are re-arranged.  I'm guessing this may be related to the same issue, since they show up fine once you start the game.  I would greatly appreciate any help anyone could offer.

PinballX.ini log.txt

If Toms solution doesn't work (but think that will work), you can use "display changer 2" as a workarround.

I use this too, to change resolutions, rotate screens and enable/disable screens.

Just make an export of your display setting as an xml and you can import it realtime

This can be done in a launch before or launch after script

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://12noon.com/%3Fpage_id%3D641&ved=2ahUKEwjHtpbUyffkAhWMaVAKHRilCZYQFjAAegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw0wcDFSHp9M3wkRL1AFMWJu

It's not a  solution, but you can use it as workaround 

Okay, last night I was able to fix the issue with the re-arranging monitors.  After trying Tom's suggestion, the playfield looked worse.  It seems the issue was ultimately caused by the PinballFX3 configuration file showing the height and width of the playfield backwards.  Manually updated that to the correct values, fixed regedit files for VPX and SetDMD back to where it should be and no more issue with re-arranging monitors.  

Still need to figure out why PBFX3 backglasses are not showing in the front end (they do work fine once you start the game), so I'll try to deal with that tonight.

18 minutes ago, GTO said:

Still need to figure out why PBFX3 backglasses are not showing in the front end (they do work fine once you start the game), so I'll try to deal with that tonight.

Ingame they read the backglasses files from inside the games steam folder so you probably copied them there already. you also need to copy them to the backglass images folders of the media folder of pinball fx3 in order to let them show up inside pinballx

Tried checking and unchecking the hide backglass option in PinballX and it made no difference.  Also saved the backglass images in a few different folders in PBFX3 and that did not work either.  Anything else I'm missing?   Do I need to change any of the backglass otions in PBX?  Is my monitor arrangement to blame: Playfield, backglass, DMD? (should I arrange as playfield, DMD, backglass?

13 hours ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Is this only happening from pbx , or do you have the same issue launching it from fx3 ?

Only in PBX menu/frontend.  Once I select and start the table, the backglass shows up just fine.

Checking your pinball.ini again, i see strange resolutions and starting positions.

And dmd display is disabled in pbx

[Display]
WindowWidth=480
WindowHeight=720
WindowX=0
WindowY=65

[BackGlass]
x=3820
y=0
width=1360
height=768
[DMD]
Enabled=
False
monitor=2
x=2160
y=226
width=1344
height=338

Not sure if the directb2s will work from fx3 in pbx. I use myself videos to display them in pbx, because the backglass in fx3 is not dynamic. Most are pictures and some animations 

you did place your backglass images in "PinballX\Media\Pinball FX3\Backglass Images" folder (Pinball FX3 part might vary but you should have such folder in media folder) right with the same name as the game name from game manager (usually pxp filename in pinball fx3).

Like so:
image.png.054b56d9a0679dc377b388fe19f66843.png

When you say you don't see any backglasses does it show the pinball x default logo instead ? 

I also don't think directb2s works but i see no mention of that in the topic here, unless i looked over it

On 10/1/2019 at 3:45 PM, scutters said:

Order of screens is fine.

Try changing the x pos of the backglass to 0

[BackGlass]
monitor=1
x=3820
y=0
width=1360
height=768

Edit - You're also running pinballx 3.47, worth updating that as well.

This right here fixed the issue.  You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.  Thanks so much!

• Like 1