All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Newbie Help request

Prospero

Hello

I am having a problem trying to download pinball x front end. There is no download link - it says sorry you don't have permission to download this file.  I have not downloaded anything from this site so I know I have not taken more than my allotted amount. 

Am I missing something here?   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

The control panel is telling me you joined a month ago and have downloaded 16 files (775mb) and 86mb today. Including PinballX that may well exceed the limit for a non contributing person.

Otherwise has your account been hacked? Are you using a shared proxy server or VPN?

As you said initially you have downloaded nothing from this site?

PS: There is nothing in the license that prohibits another site hosting or sharing the file if you want to download it eleswhere or host it yourself for others.

PS 2: Im not hiding the fact either that by providing a good product for free I am hoping users will sign up and contribute something. I am well aware of the attitude that everythig on the internet should be free though despite the time and cost for some.

• Like 2

Hi Tom

Thanks for getting back to me.  

When I click on a download link, it opens and then tells me I have exceeded my download limit, which is fine. I understand and appreciate that. However for pinball x download it never has a download option. It always says i dont have permission.

Sorry for the confusion. I had forgotten that I did download the 86mb file. I am happy to wait and see if the download becomes available after my limit resets.

I hope you realise that I never for one second thought that my not being able to download it was to try and make me contribute. That thought never crossed my mind. I appreciate that you offer a superb program free of charge and that says a lot about you.  I really do apologise if what i wrote upset you in some way. Your second post seemed a tad tense. 

10 hours ago, Prospero said:

Hi Tom

Thanks for getting back to me.  

When I click on a download link, it opens and then tells me I have exceeded my download limit, which is fine. I understand and appreciate that. However for pinball x download it never has a download option. It always says i dont have permission.

Sorry for the confusion. I had forgotten that I did download the 86mb file. I am happy to wait and see if the download becomes available after my limit resets.

I hope you realise that I never for one second thought that my not being able to download it was to try and make me contribute. That thought never crossed my mind. I appreciate that you offer a superb program free of charge and that says a lot about you.  I really do apologise if what i wrote upset you in some way. Your second post seemed a tad tense. 

No worries my friend and thanks for signing up. May have been tense but probably just me being long in the tooth. Been doing this an awful long time :) Cheers.

4 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

No worries my friend and thanks for signing up. May have been tense but probably just me being long in the tooth. Been doing this an awful long time :) Cheers.

And I appreciate your hard work Tom. Without your work (and the pbx community/website) my cabinet wasn't so easy to operate.

And the support is also very fast.

I hope you will doing this another awful long time :cheers:

• Like 1

• Draco1962 changed the title to [RESOLVED] Newbie Help request
  • Draco1962 locked this topic