All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Instant Sheller

Scorpionking

Before I upgraded to windows 10 version 1903, it took approximately 15 to 20 seconds for it to complete. After I upgraded to 1903 I gave it about 2 minutes and nothing happened. Then when I tried to close the window it came up with a message saying something like "this application is not responding". That is when I rebooted the computer.

Some good news.... I tried the latest Instant sheller again and waited approximately 3 minutes and it was successful (no crashes). I also updated windows 10 professional with the latest updates from Microsoft today. I'm not sure if that helped or not. Most likely I did not give it enough time to complete. The previous instant sheller that I used before the 1903 update worked at a much faster rate. Any idea as to why the process time is longer? Any way to increase the speed? Thank you!

Im still not sure of the exact cause and like I said I only had the issue once. Maybe MS updates helped later but 1903 certainly caused the issue. As for why its working now its because I added timeouts of 30 seconds * 5.

Ive got a feeling MS added some of the enterprise shelling features to the pro edition which really is a good thing, right?

Ill have a look ina VM later.

No doubt 1903 caused the issue. From the things I've read 1903 caused many issues and now Microsoft is trying to fix their mess. Waiting 3 minutes is not the worst thing in the world. It sure beats what I had to do previously to get things working. I'm glad you found a fix for the Instant Sheller. This program is a gem :) I don't undue the sheller that often. Only when I perform updates to the OS or install a PC game from time to time. Please keep me posted if you find a way to speed up the Instant sheller process. Thanks!

• Like 1

OK... My problem with instant sheller is that the UNDO button.. yes...  restore my previous icons and all the stuff...

but the main welcome screen remain in black...  I want back my normal welcome screen with my original background....

It only boots directly to windows desktop...... but I want my welcome screen

How I can restore this????

what key in the registry is causing this????

please help me

Regards