All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] GAMMEX Arcade Edition

marcocaps

That could be because not all 22000 are actual arcade games. Many are mechanical, such as pinball. Those will not show up via GameEx Arcade or standard GameEx, regardless of your MAME version if you are using the integrated MAME support. 

If you choose to set up MAME to run as a separate emulator, you can probably gain seeing all the ROMS in the menu that the latest ROMset has to offer, but it will not be pretty, they will not be any more playable than launching from the emulator directly.

Im testing with latest mame now. Sorry, your initial post was very vague and strange, 

You are saying there is issue with latest MAME version?

I wasnt aware sega rally is now working in MAME. Are you sure it is just not a non working game? GameEx filters out a lot of games by default. Did you know that?

You should get more than 2,200 games though which is why I am testing.

No. You have to enable Update List in the Setup Wizard then select it from the main menu when you load GameEx or Arcade Edition.

Also, be sure the version of your ROMS matches the version of MAME you are running.

If you want a game to show that is getting filtered, you will need to know the ROM name and manually enter it via Setup Wizard under Do Not Filter These ROMS, enter the rom name separated by ; and then Update List again.

0.197?  Why are you running such an old release?

Is it because within GameEx setup wizard where you go to load emulators that 0.197 is the version listed?

If so you can easily replace this with the latest release.  Those emulators are just what was around at the time.  There's so many emulators that it's really best just to go grab the latest release and not even bother with that "add emulators" section unless you want to do it entirely for directory structure, as in keeping it where GameEx would default it to.

That being the case just replace the installed emulator with the current one from the developers site.  The way emulators are updated it would be cumbersome to continually go back and keep them all updated here.