All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Returning to Pinball X

jbdietrich2

Pinball X is working great, but when i Launch a Visual PinballX table it loads. When i try exiting the table and returning to PinballX it opens the window "Paused, Resuem Game Debugger, Exit to Editor" instead of returning to PinballX. once I click on Quit to Editor and close visual Pinball using a mouse, my screen goes black and still does not return to PinballX

26 minutes ago, slowrolling said:

I would try launching your visual pinball exe & going to Preferences>Configure Keys and make sure the Disable ESC Key is checked.

It was not selected but now it doesn’t do anything when i press the esc button. It remains on the active table and does not return to Pinball X

11 minutes ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Can you simulate your issue and post the logfile after simulation ?

In your current logfile, I don't see any launch of a table

There you go, although I didn't see that either. Would the fact that I have to use task manager to force close visualpinball and Pinball X effect this?

log.txt

5 minutes ago, jbdietrich2 said:

There you go, although I didn't see that either. Would the fact that I have to use task manager to force close visualpinball and Pinball X effect this?

log.txt 2.78 kB · 0 downloads

Not sure. I see that PBX doesn't see the exit command. But I asume you pressed it.

Another thing I do noticed (not sure if that causing issues) is that you install all in the program files dir.

When I started my virtual pinball adventure,  I read on a lot of forums, to skip that because of windows priviliges.

I have all installed in c:\pinball (even p-proc). 

Also for backup (i recooment to backup) it is easy to put all in the same directory

3 hours ago, jbdietrich2 said:

the button is [KEYCODE_ESC]

i assume you're using a button to key program like joytokey then?

Go to the pinballx folder and open settings.exe

Check your Keyboard and Joystick input settings., try setting exit emulator to the same as quit

The VP directory permissions might also be an issue as noted by mike_da_spike

2 hours ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Not sure. I see that PBX doesn't see the exit command. But I asume you pressed it.

Another thing I do noticed (not sure if that causing issues) is that you install all in the program files dir.

When I started my virtual pinball adventure,  I read on a lot of forums, to skip that because of windows priviliges.

I have all installed in c:\pinball (even p-proc). 

Also for backup (i recooment to backup) it is easy to put all in the same directory

What program files dir?

52 minutes ago, scutters said:

i assume you're using a button to key program like joytokey then?

Go to the pinballx folder and open settings.exe

Check your Keyboard and Joystick input settings., try setting exit emulator to the same as quit

The VP directory permissions might also be an issue as noted by mike_da_spike

Done, didn’t change anything

2 minutes ago, jbdietrich2 said:

What program files dir?

c:\program files and/or c:\ program files (x86)
These are normally good folders for installing software, but permissions wise (executing files and DLL blocks) doesn't really help.
I don't say this is the silver bullet, but give it a try (So installing VPX and PBX to another folder)

On 9/16/2019 at 12:29 AM, Mike_da_Spike said:

c:\program files and/or c:\ program files (x86)
These are normally good folders for installing software, but permissions wise (executing files and DLL blocks) doesn't really help.
I don't say this is the silver bullet, but give it a try (So installing VPX and PBX to another folder)

pinball x is in C:\pinballx

vpx is in program files (x86) visual pinball

On 9/17/2019 at 8:38 PM, jbdietrich2 said:

is there a launch after file or a .bat file that would help close out vpx when I press my esc button

PBX should take care of it, but you can try something like:

taskkill /IM  VPinballX.exe

and you are sure that PBX is running as admin ?
image.png.d00061350e5be9b1c016a99795087adc.png