Jump to content
SpesoftPinballXConvert-It
jbdietrich2

Returning to Pinball X

Recommended Posts

Pinball X is working great, but when i Launch a Visual PinballX table it loads. When i try exiting the table and returning to PinballX it opens the window "Paused, Resuem Game Debugger, Exit to Editor" instead of returning to PinballX. once I click on Quit to Editor and close visual Pinball using a mouse, my screen goes black and still does not return to PinballX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you attach your pinballx.ini and log.txt files (after trying to exit a table)?. 

Also confirm pinballx is running as admin. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably going to need the log file.

Are you exiting the table via keyboard or button?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, scutters said:

Probably going to need the log file.

Are you exiting the table via keyboard or button?

Button, It is a cabinet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, scutters said:

Probably going to need the log file.

Are you exiting the table via keyboard or button?

What log file?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The log.txt file located in the PinballX\logs folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is PBX running in admin mode ?

Button 10 is your exit button ?

And attach the log, don't put the complete text in here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2019 at 9:20 PM, Mike_da_Spike said:

Is PBX running in admin mode ?

Button 10 is your exit button ?

And attach the log, don't put the complete text in here

 

log.txt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would try launching your visual pinball exe & going to Preferences>Configure Keys and make sure the Disable ESC Key is checked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you simulate your issue and post the logfile after simulation ?

In your current logfile, I don't see any launch of a table

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, slowrolling said:

I would try launching your visual pinball exe & going to Preferences>Configure Keys and make sure the Disable ESC Key is checked.

It was not selected but now it doesn’t do anything when i press the esc button. It remains on the active table and does not return to Pinball X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Can you simulate your issue and post the logfile after simulation ?

In your current logfile, I don't see any launch of a table

There you go, although I didn't see that either. Would the fact that I have to use task manager to force close visualpinball and Pinball X effect this?

log.txt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jbdietrich2 said:

There you go, although I didn't see that either. Would the fact that I have to use task manager to force close visualpinball and Pinball X effect this?

log.txt 2.78 kB · 0 downloads

Not sure. I see that PBX doesn't see the exit command. But I asume you pressed it.

Another thing I do noticed (not sure if that causing issues) is that you install all in the program files dir.

When I started my virtual pinball adventure,  I read on a lot of forums, to skip that because of windows priviliges.

I have all installed in c:\pinball (even p-proc). 

Also for backup (i recooment to backup) it is easy to put all in the same directory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jbdietrich2 said:

the button is [KEYCODE_ESC]

i assume you're using a button to key program like joytokey then?

Go to the pinballx folder and open settings.exe

Check your Keyboard and Joystick input settings., try setting exit emulator to the same as quit

The VP directory permissions might also be an issue as noted by mike_da_spike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Not sure. I see that PBX doesn't see the exit command. But I asume you pressed it.

Another thing I do noticed (not sure if that causing issues) is that you install all in the program files dir.

When I started my virtual pinball adventure,  I read on a lot of forums, to skip that because of windows priviliges.

I have all installed in c:\pinball (even p-proc). 

Also for backup (i recooment to backup) it is easy to put all in the same directory

What program files dir?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, scutters said:

i assume you're using a button to key program like joytokey then?

Go to the pinballx folder and open settings.exe

Check your Keyboard and Joystick input settings., try setting exit emulator to the same as quit

The VP directory permissions might also be an issue as noted by mike_da_spike

Done, didn’t change anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jbdietrich2 said:

What program files dir?

c:\program files and/or c:\ program files (x86)
These are normally good folders for installing software, but permissions wise (executing files and DLL blocks) doesn't really help.
I don't say this is the silver bullet, but give it a try (So installing VPX and PBX to another folder)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please also post new copies of your pinballx.ini and log.txt files (again after launching and trying to exit a table)

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2019 at 12:29 AM, Mike_da_Spike said:

c:\program files and/or c:\ program files (x86)
These are normally good folders for installing software, but permissions wise (executing files and DLL blocks) doesn't really help.
I don't say this is the silver bullet, but give it a try (So installing VPX and PBX to another folder)

pinball x is in C:\pinballx

vpx is in program files (x86) visual pinball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2019 at 8:38 PM, jbdietrich2 said:

is there a launch after file or a .bat file that would help close out vpx when I press my esc button

PBX should take care of it, but you can try something like:

taskkill /IM  VPinballX.exe

and you are sure that PBX is running as admin ?
image.png.d00061350e5be9b1c016a99795087adc.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...