All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Emulator Mesen 0.9.8 and GameeX.

Alan Ribas

Hi guys.
I'm having a little problem with the Mesen emulator when I open it through gameex:
As you can see in the two photos that are attached to this post.
PHOTO NUMBER 1:
It's the screen I see when I enter the game directly through the emulator.

PHOTO NUMBER 2:
It's the screen I see when I play the game using the Gameex frontend.

If you look closely the screen size of the emualdor is not the same. When I use gameex the emulator screen gets a little smaller. I know that I could solve this through some command line. But I have no idea which command line to use to make the emualdor screen size take up the total space of my monitor. Just as busy when I open the emulator without gameex.

my current mesen emulator command line is:  

Mesen.exe "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]" /fullscreen

1.jpg

2.jpg

Using the emulator I found that using the command "/ VideoScale = NUMBER" I can modify the screen size of the emulator. However 4 is a small value and 5 is a large value. What I need is the value 4.5. However when choosing this value the mesen emulator apparently ignores the values that are after the comma. Staying like it was only 4. Does anyone know how I could add the value 4.5 per command line?

Not sure I follow. If Mesen is ignoring your use of 4.5 as a valid number, I do not believe it would be supported by command line either.

You may need to experiment with the video settings within the emulator.

• 7 months later...
9 minutes ago, Alan Ribas said:

problem solved.
It was an emulator mistake. The developer fixed it.

ps. does anyone know the command line to make this emulator run in full screen?

I tried these here:
/ fullscreen
-fullscreen

However, none of them work.

Did you try /fullscreen (no space between / and fullscreen)?

Did you ask the author?

5 minutes ago, Draco1962 said:

Did you try /fullscreen (no space between / and fullscreen)?

Did you ask the author?

yes, i tried.
Either way. Together and separate.
I sent a message to the developer. But he still hasn't answered me.

Thanks for the help anyway.:)

1 minute ago, Draco1962 said:

Try configuring within the emulator?

https://www.mesen.ca/docs/configuration/video.html

I really appreciate it.
I had thought of that. However I was looking for a command line for the following reason.
When I open the emulator through gameex I would like it to start with a full screen window.

However I try to leave this option disabled directly on the emulator. Because whenever I open an emulator directly, it is because I need to configure something. So even starting in full screen would only hinder me.
I know it sounds silly. In fact, I think so too.:D
But when I set up gameex I installed 61 different systems. So I created a protocol for everything to make my life easier. Hehehe...

But if I don't get the answer from the developer, I will definitely follow your suggestion.

ps.

MESEN command line: --fullscreen

MESEN-S command line: I don't know yet.

So you're wanting to to fill up the whole screen?  I'm seeing you used fullscreen switch and then asked again how to make fullscreen.  What type of monitor is it?  Widescreen?  From what I'm reading maybe you're wanting.....

Mesen.exe "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]" /fullscreen /AspectRatio=WideScreen

8 hours ago, fRequEnCy said:

So you're wanting to to fill up the whole screen?  I'm seeing you used fullscreen switch and then asked again how to make fullscreen.  What type of monitor is it?  Widescreen?  From what I'm reading maybe you're wanting.....

Thanks for answering.
But the question is this:
The latest updates to the mesen emulator have changed some command lines. Currently, if you want full screen on this emulator you have to use --fullscreen.

Regarding the MESEN-S emulator, the developer spoke to me. He has not yet implemented a full-screen command line for him. Now just wait.

On 9/13/2019 at 10:12 AM, Alan Ribas said:

Hi guys.
I'm having a little problem with the Mesen emulator when I open it through gameex:
As you can see in the two photos that are attached to this post.
PHOTO NUMBER 1:
It's the screen I see when I enter the game directly through the emulator.

PHOTO NUMBER 2:
It's the screen I see when I play the game using the Gameex frontend.

If you look closely the screen size of the emualdor is not the same. When I use gameex the emulator screen gets a little smaller. I know that I could solve this through some command line. But I have no idea which command line to use to make the emualdor screen size take up the total space of my monitor. Just as busy when I open the emulator without gameex.

my current mesen emulator command line is:  

So the given command-line would give the following results....

1134860357_Screenshot(16).thumb.png.d7bce248bd74e16c8233f233b283cb25.png

2080347954_Screenshot(17).thumb.png.6b27fe017244693707765142a35c3b86.png

Are these not the desired results you asked for?  This is using the latest version 0.9.9.  Pic 1 is standard and Pic 2 stretches across the whole screen.

As far as Mesen-S Emulator, it does look that the author has not included command-line switches yet.  But the settings.xml file can be tweaked to give the same effect till command-line switches are available.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fRequEnCy said:

So the given command-line would give the following results....

1134860357_Screenshot(16).thumb.png.d7bce248bd74e16c8233f233b283cb25.png

2080347954_Screenshot(17).thumb.png.6b27fe017244693707765142a35c3b86.png

Are these not the desired results you asked for?  This is using the latest version 0.9.9.  Pic 1 is standard and Pic 2 stretches across the whole screen.

As far as Mesen-S Emulator, it does look that the author has not included command-line switches yet.  But the settings.xml file can be tweaked to give the same effect till command-line switches are available.

Thanks a lot for the help!!
Regarding the MESEN emulator, I already managed to make it work in full screen through the command line ... using this command: (--fullscreen).

The strange thing was that I talked to the developer and he gave me the same command line that you used. And the STRANGE thing is that this command line didn't work. As I said I used this --fullscreen and everything worked out.

And yes ... My computer is haunted. There are problems reported by me on this forum that no one can help me with.:unsure:

Regarding the editing of the xml file, from the MESEN-S emulator, where should I make the change to get the full screen ??

15 minutes ago, Draco1962 said:

So for you in mesen, using --fullscreen  (two - followed by fullscreen) in the command line worked and not /fullscreen  correct?

Yes.

Mesen.exe "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]" --fullscreen

MesenDevWin-0.9.9.42