All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Install crash -Solved, installed htpc version

oilersman

Hi, iam able to install gameex and it opens my wizard no problem. Bit when I close that, AB try the actual gameex app i get an crash error and gameex needs to close. I am running a  fresh os with windows 7. Any idea, I have pc up to date and gameex installed ok. 

It was working earlier but I couldn't get my Mame to play from the application. So I uninstalled gameex and reinstalled it and since I did that I can no longer use the application. It just immediately states that the file or the application cannot start and needs to be closed. When I get back home I will check to see if there is a log file. I only uninstalled because it would not see my Mame and ROM pass for some reason even though I told it where to go and name was working in Standalone. I just thought uninstalling it might be set it to default but I did notice that there was a default setting so I'm trying to install my name into the default parameters which I don't think actually exist.

1 hour ago, Tom Speirs said:

Could you please elaborate on crash error? Is there a log file?

I guess it was working earlier as you posted so? Or is this a different build?

-

EventData

System

- Provider
      [ Name] Application Hang

- EventID 1002
      [ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 101

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated
      [ SystemTime] 2019-09-11T23:34:25.000000000Z

EventRecordID 5803

Channel Application

Computer Owner-PC

Security
- EventData
      hideos.exe
      1b18
      01d568f8ef150235
      C:\GameEx Arcade Edition\hideos.exe
      9fadc857-d4ec-11e9-be31-6c626db7c02e
      55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000

Im just getting a crash, i also did a systyem restore prior to this install too..

Are you running a full official registered copy of Windows 7 or an nLited or otherwise stripped down version of it?

If a full official copy, is it Home, Enterprise, Pro, or Ultimate? 32-bit or 64-bit?