All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Pinballx 3.74

loonytu

include requested files, pinballx.ini log files etc as attachment (so not the contents). Also i think this post is in the wrong section, should probably be moved to general if a mod sees it

I will try to update this evening on my cab and see if i have the same problem.

but you could check if your lav codecs are installed and perhaps if you have certain output formats disabled if reenabling them fixes it

just for what it's worth, just updated to 3.74 on my main pc and cabinet and in both situations my video's still play. Could you verify lav codes + lav video settings output formats, if nothing disabled see if disabling the last 2 rows of output formats fixes it except for the 24 rgba one in lower row (as that one is needed for loading video's). I had todo that in the past or would get black screens. What was your previous pinball x version ?

lav filters is a codec pack to play the video's.

Some persons mentioned going from some older version of pbx to a newer one that video's started producing black screen but that was a very old version (that's why i asked if you knew which your previous version)

Disabling the lower rows of output formats fixed it then. You can find lav video settings in your start menu search for lav and it should show up (if you got them installed). I encountered the same problem in the past but i'm not sure you have the same problem. but it's worth trying out first install the lav filters / codes and see if it fixes it if not open the settings and set it up like in this screenshot below. Disabling the lower 2 rows except RGB24 (as that one could interfere with loading video's if disabled). It might fix your problems at least if you are sure the media is found

image.png.3679f13edfb9beb379f1433a14a232ea.png

just for reference the topic discussing those black screens was this one and the solution given  there was to disable the 2 lower rows of output formats