All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] PBX Version 3.66 problems

boslaw

After upgrading to 3.66 I have the following problems:

Backglass doesn't show in PBX (works fine in VPX 10.6beta)

PinDMD3 doesn't show in PBX (works fine in VPX 10.6beta)

DOF is slow to start in PBX - approx 10 seconds after loading PBX. Works immediately in VPX 10.6 beta)

PBX 64 v 3.66 doesn't open at all

I tried changing b2s setting to add <FormToFront>1</FormToFront> -- no change. B2S doesn't appear to load at all in PBX 3.66

[SETTINGS].log log.txt XDMDlog.txt B2STableSettings.xml

just a side note. You cannot compare VPX with PBC.
VPX is a pinball simulator and PBX is a front end to run emulators/simulators.

All is running fine for me. with pbx 3.67.
I always have the issue with DOF that  my flashers reacts after 10 seconds, but addressable leds and  button lights working directly. 

Ok, I installed v3.7.0 32 bit. I now have backglasses but no pindmd3. Also, my backglasses are showing grills/dmd on backglass screen (which they are not configured to do in VPX).

I checked LAV filters and 24bit RGB is enabled. 

I mention that things are working in VPX to demonstrate that I am not having hardware issues. This seems purely related to PinballX. Also, everything was working fine in PinballX until yesterday when I upgraded to v3.6.

I don't have a pinballx.ini in my pinballx folder.

[SETTINGS].log log.txt XDMDlog.txt

Edited by boslaw

Did you happen to click the checkbox for pindmd2 support during install? Delete the demddevicexxx.dll files from te install folder. If its not that LAV is probably installed incorrectly.

Nothing changed in PinballX that would affect b2s files displaying grid or not. Did you perhaps select the option during install to install Visual Pinball?

I would check your paths in the setup wizard. Looks like they are wrong.

I did not check Pindmd2 when I installed. I have reinstalled 3 times into new folders to confirm.

There is no demddevicexxx.dll in my install folder

My LAV installation has not changed. It was working great for a year before I upgraded PinballX

My paths are correct. I only use VPX so ignore errors for other systems.

Backglasses are working fine in PBX now. The only remaining problem is no DMD display in PBX. 

image.png.aba75d4ea71f959ba247d9ac0909d7eb.png

PinballX.ini

12 minutes ago, Tom Speirs said:

Okay, so tables are launching now, yes?

There were some changes with real DMDs surrounding LAV codecs. Do me a favour and please install latest version of LAV (both 32 and 64 bit).

I don't see in the logfile "Starting Real DMD Thread" after joystick initialization. 

Also the xdmd log is not showing that his real dmd is initialized.

How should that be triggert ? Or has that todo with the LAV codecs?

I think I spoke too soon. Browsing tables in PBX is working perfectly. Launching tables is not. Tables are launching but the main VPX window stays black, or PBX/VPX both just close. The only way for me to exit the table is ctrl-alt-del. Log files attached. I've tested opening 3 different tables and had these problems with all three (previously working fine).

PBX 3.7.3

latest LAV reinstalled

latest VPX

XDMDlog.txt log.txt SetupWizard.log PinballX.ini

Compairing your 2 ini files, I see some differences about resolution compared your latest INI file :

"old" INI

[Display]
Monitor=0
rotate=270
Windowed=False
WindowWidth=480
WindowHeight=720
WindowX=0
WindowY=65

"new" ini file

[Display]
Monitor=0
rotate=270
Windowed=False
windowwidth=812
windowheight=457
windowx=543
windowy=752

Could this cause any issue not displaying correct for you ?

Thanks. I fixed the screenres issues. I think I have everything back to full working order. A few of my tables won't load through PBX but I'm starting to think that some of this is caused by the latest VPX betas. I'll be playing around with earlier versions of VPX to see which is the most stable.

• Draco1962 changed the title to [RESOLVED] PBX Version 3.66 problems
  • Draco1962 locked this topic