All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] FX3 switching Video results that Start script is showed

Mike_da_Spike

Since I use Video's now, my FX3 launch is acting weird.
Sme table that I launch , show for a short period  the video, and video disappears quickly and I see the Fx3 splash screen and table is loaded.
But a lot other tables in Fx3, Tte video will be played for about 10 seconds, in the meantime I see that DMDext is loaded and backglass. The video dissapears and the table is there. Only DMDext (that is launched as hidden startup screen) is on my screen

image.thumb.png.412a2d80182883c563b546ab3f1ed5bc.png

This is my Log file : For example WMS_Roadshow is loaded everytime fine, but WMS_Medieval_Madness and Portal is having the issue (in the logfile)

log.txtPinballX.ini 

Not sure if this is caused by the mp4 I use, but never had this in the past with just png files

sorry, must be my Denglish (just kidding).

This is what happening with launching Fx3 tables that has a (system) video. Don't have it with a loading png.

Starting a table (And most have this behavior some not), loads the system video I created.
Instead of switching to FX3 before the splash screen, it waits for 10-15 seconds. So Fx3 is completely loaded and already shows the table.
Then PBX remove the video and I can see the table. That is not an issue, but on top of it, I see the DMDext exe file that was set to hidden.

Some tables just shows shortly the system video a directly switch to Fx3. exe when the splash screen appears. At that moment , the DMDext.exe is hidden behind FX3.exe

Using PNG's instead of MP4's results that I don't have this issue.
Let me try to create a video and squeeze it below 8MB to post it here

For me it isn't an issue that I don't see FX3 splash screen, but the point that the "launch before" command is on screen, I don't like :)

Edit :

Video is heavily compressed to get it on the website.
1) I start Medieval Madness. You see that the video is loading. When Video is playing, you see that the realDMD and backglass is already loading. When Video is removed, I see the DMDext on main screen

2) Start Paranormal. This load the default loading PNG. The loading PNG is only showing for couple of secons, and Splash screen is shown of Fx4 and all started normally (No dmdext on screen)

3) I start Party_zone (with system video) and same result as Medieval Madness

So looks like that when using video's PBX doesn't find the process in time (or something)

You are the man ! Looks like pbx 3.70 fix it !
I will check it in my after noon a bit more, but I could launch all the tables I checked fine now(so the video is switching over sooner now to FX3)

Thanks Tom 

Edit:

Case closed