All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinballX 3.62 64Bit

scutters

Got a bit further (maybe). Pinballx 3.74 x64 is installed in it's own new folder, no media etc. 

Created a 64bit exe to call xdmdnative, that failed with error "System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'XDMDNative.dll' or one of its dependencies.  is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1)"... similar to error i get in event viewer for pinballx x64.

Repaired all my 64bit Microsoft VC++ redistributables in apps & features and the test exe then worked, great, i thought that'd done it... but i was wrong, pinballx 64bit still doesn't work, same old error, no log created and no dmp file either now.

Progress?, not sure.

Probably need to totally uninstall and reinstall all the VC++ x64 redistributables next

Well, long story short... All VC++ redists uninstalled and then reinstalled (earliest year first), no joy, still get the badimageformatexception in the event log for pinballx x64.

Also ran as admin;

sfc /scan now

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Nothing found. 

Guess i'm looking at a system reset or full windows reinstall next. But as 32bit pinballx is working and the issue only affects the x64 version on the cab, i'll probably just live with it and throw the towel in for now :(