All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Loading videos

joyrider3774

Here's a blank / black 5 sec video @1920x1080 named Loading.mp4, it might be of use to some (yes, really!)

Drop it in a Table Videos folder and when the batch tool next runs it'll add the loading overlay of choice to it and drop it in loading videos. Why?, well if you're using the loading video derandomiser plugin it'll give you a fallback loading video to be used if you've forgotten to create new ones for tables added.

Loading.zip

With a lot of patience, lot of time spent and a lot of help from @scutters,  i tried to make my first loading overlay

ACDC :

ACDC.gif.9431a94d2e8cf3518973fc570b43e865.gif

ACDC_Dark.zip

If you use my tool to create overlay video's , this is my ini file settings 

VideoLengthMs1 = 5500
ImageMask1     = "ACDC_%%.png"
BitRate1       = 5

• Like 2

Looks like i'll be moving to using multiple overlays for loading videos, letting the loading video creator app decide which overlay to use for a table now. Was creating multiple videos per table before and letting pinballx pick one randomly, but there's too many overlay options to continue doing that now!

The Getaway - High Speed II style (based on colorisation http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3984-the-getaway-high-speed-ii-malenko-edition
An easy one, just to get me up to speed to create these ...

Dark and Light one (specially for Scutters)

GW_dark.gif.e1350250178b2f47df62d9234923bf55.gif  GW_light.gif.3e2b0c4306818141b936484f31a7bcbb.gif

62 frames for 1 loop
The loop is just 2.5 sec. I put in the zip files a batch file to copy all the frames to a second loop (as in the preview above)
When using 2 loops, use the following in the ini file to create the overlay video

VideoLengthMs1 = 5000
ImageMask1     = "GW_%%%.png"
BitRate1       = 5

GW_Dark.zip  GW_Light.zip

• Thanks 1

Thanks for stil using the video tool. I made this also as animated gif(transparant) and was 4 mb. Load fast, but 4k video takes arround 5 second.

And the animated gif is in the middle, not at the bottom.

So still use your plugin and the program to create the videos

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nobody is using them anymore, but wanted to share the next.
I didn't like the colors of Dirty Harry, so I re-colored it
DH.gif.5298a46806ca17eb4a5b702256146267.gif
If you use the program to create the overlays,  these are the settings for Dirty Harry (replace the sequence number)

VideoLengthMs1 = 5000
ImageMask1     = "DH_%%.png"
BitRate1       = 5

Also make a Guns and Roses
GnR.gif.c0b7e9490da84bd028b70ac2e4828880.gif
If you use the program to create the overlays,  these are the settings for Guns 'n Roses (replace the sequence number)

VideoLengthMs1 = 2500
ImageMask1     = "GNR_%%%.png"
BitRate1       = 5

And Familiy Guy
FG.gif.99622a13362c3ddd9cd9752cda8d418f.gif
If you use the program to create the overlays,  these are the settings for Family Guy (replace the sequence number)

VideoLengthMs1 = 4500
ImageMask1     = "FG_%%.png"
BitRate1       = 5

Thanks to @scutters for this loading images fonts I used for GnR and FG
Here are the overlay files :

Guns_'n_Roses_Dark.zip

Family_Guy__Dark.zip

Dirty_Harry_Dark.zip

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Different style, call it a pseudo progress bar(?). 1st frame is dark transparent so blends in pretty well from black screen flash. Won't be doing a gif version of this as it's all partial transparency.

48 frames (16*3 loops), works best for me around 10 or 15fps - so ~ 4.8 or 3.2sec loading video loop duration... but can be as fast or slow as you like!

e.g. entry in the loading vdeo tool (https://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/23167-app-create-launch-videos-from-playfield-with-overlay/)

[Overlay1]
VideoLengthMs1 = 3200
ImageMask1     = "frame%%.png"
BitRate1       = 5

test.gif.12dcb356745d8de3b8faad82d2daadd1.gif

Frames.zip

• Like 2

• 1 month later...