All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Loading videos

joyrider3774

Ok. With the image and video files of @scutters I was made to add the following video's :

With the next overlay file

Images.zip

I'm busy with a small program that will create the overlays (And eventually only create the missing loading videos), so you always have loading video's for all tables :) 

• Like 2

i had to add -thread_queue_size 512 after the -r 15 command because i was getting a warning (Thread message queue blocking; consider raising the thread_queue_size option (current value: 8)) about it. Adding that in fixed the warning in ffmpeg.

Also i tried the images but if i use -t of 4 seconds the final part of the animation is not good with it but if i used -t of 5 seconds it played nicely as in mike_da_spike's video.

Am currently redoing the video's first with black gradient. Will do afterwards without black gradient and compare filesize of my +/- 400 videos. The gradient reduced movie filesizes with last animation as i did as well

Edit: 427 video's without gradient 557 mb, with gradient 372 mb. Do note i did not use the slow preset nor the bitrate value but have not tried on my cabinet yet will be for another day

Edit2: BTW i also had stuttering loading video's but i found out it only happens if i leave teamviewer running while running visual pinballx if i close the connection everything goes fine without increasing video bitrate or the slow preset

23 hours ago, joyrider3774 said:

Also i tried the images but if i use -t of 4 seconds the final part of the animation is not good with it but if i used -t of 5 seconds it played nicely as in mike_da_spike's video.

Strange, 60 frames with r = 15 should be 15 frames a sec so = 4secs, which seemed right for me. For 5secs r=12 would make sense. Maybe the -r parameter needs moving?

I don't have teamviewer so wasn't the issue with my stuttering. The b:v did make a big difference at 2M to file size and stutter reduction, but with a reduction in quality. Bit of a balancing act that might need fine tuning to suit the system it's running on. Will have to try the circle gradient border in conjunction with that at some time as that will likely have an impact too.

Another overlay in the pinball animation style from LW3. Might work quite well with Mikes version of TAF above mixing up animations between tables/ loads as this one is at top of the playfield.

The sequence is 78frames (39repeated). I used r = 15 and t = 4.5 for this vid.

Frames attached.

LW3.zip

• Like 1

Awesome mate ! I really like this. :cheers:
You create them all manually ? I don't dare to ask, but are you planning for more ?
I love to have a lot of masks , so I can randomize the video's. 
And don't hurry. My holiday started and plan is to make some physical adjustments to the cab and after that I want to start modifying my arcade cabinet. 

EDIT :

The sequence is 78frames (39repeated). I used r = 15 and t = 4.5 for this vid.

if you have 78 frames in 4.5 seconds, that would  be a framerate of 17.33 (r = 17.33) 
Ideal if you want to have a r=15 you should set the video to t = 5.2
Or am I mistaking ? (but who will see the difference between r=15 and r=17.33 ?)

42 minutes ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

if you have 78 frames in 4.5 seconds, that would  be a framerate of 17.33 (r = 17.33) 
Ideal if you want to have a r=15 you should set the video to t = 5.2
Or am I mistaking ? (but who will see the difference between r=15 and r=17.33 ?)

Yeah, it doesn't seem to make much sense does it!

I can't use 5.2 as my playfield videos are only 5.0, so as the images are loops within a loop (if that makes sense), i think i'm just lucky and landing on an end of a loop. Not done the maths and checked the image sequence to check that - but the result seems to loop fine. Will give it some more thought when i go for final settings which i'll use with the loading video creator tool when that's done :)

Going to try and get a T2 one too (Passcode secured sequence). They're conversions of gifs, TAF was from the one i linked at VPU, the last one a bit messier i had a 128*32 'original' version of that sequence so needed editing, resizing and dots adding and then adding to the gradient overlay etc. It's giving me RSI! :D

Thanks Mike, well here's the last one for a while.. LW3 again but at bottom of screen to match the others, i added a bit to lights at the top to round them off, DMD would have tops cut off. Not sure which way works best to be honest, top or bottom.

Take your pick!

LW3_Sequence_Bottom.zip

• Like 2

btw the command line being used for ffmpeg currently for video's also works on pictures. if you have a playfield screenshot it can also create loading video from the picture with the loading animation inside them...

as i don't have playfield video's of bingo gameroom but only playfield pictures (png) i tried it out and it seems to work also :) although i can not seem to prolong video length it's based on framerate and input images of loading overlay

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Judge Dredd Super Game style;

JD_Light.gif.bdccc2bca1316f5264c8e4165407e927.gifJD_Dark.gif.6180fa67b70cdd3dc2c582cdca9b5b7b.gif

Image sequences attached for 'light' and 'dark' versions, take your pick. 64 images in each, actual loop is 16 frames (so was duplicated 4 times) works. If you're using @Mike_da_Spike's awesome tool for creating in batch then a 3200ms video works well, but you can make it longer if you want.

JD_Light.zip JD_Dark.zip

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

That looks awesome @scutters! Thanks ! Now I need to recreate all my videos again to randomize the overlays !

There are worse problems to have :lol:, i think you're safe to redo your videos now - i'm out of ideas for suitable sequences to convert. If you know some others that you think would work let me know (and capture a clip on mp4!).

32 minutes ago, scutters said:

There are worse problems to have :lol:, i think you're safe to redo your videos now - i'm out of ideas for suitable sequences to convert. If you know some others that you think would work let me know (and capture a clip on mp4!).

I have ideas enough ! ( i guess), but not sure how to capture my real dmd and to make it as you did.

For example the acdc table rocking man walking 

SmartSelect_20190926-102828_Gallery.jpg.60cd3645f477c2082bceff126059d63d.jpg

20 minutes ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

not sure how to capture my real dmd and to make it as you did.

Don't know how you capture real DMD. To convert them is a slow process, lot's of paint.net/gimp messing around, but if you're interested i can probably write something up on how i've done it

I'm not naive enough to think this is the only or the best way to do this, but it works. So in very simple terms;

Get mp4 / gif source file (on FTP there's a load of real dmd videos - but tend to be title & manufacturer loops only)

On ezgif.com

1.  Video to Gif - cut video to get desired animation, save
  2.  Video to Gif- upload new video
  3.  Select Frames to split to frames, deselect any that are still surplus
  4.  Select Split - split frames to pngs, save that zip. They're the source images for the sequence.

If images are 128*32

1.  Edit sample frame copy, remove unwanted text etc. Try to add Loading text in similar font.
  2.  Once you have a sample with desired text that text can be selected and copied to all frames (remembering to change colour as required for animations between frames).
  3.  Do any other image adjustments (add colour etc, if all frames are B&W you can recolour all pixels of same grey shade and repeat for each frame using paint.net recolour choice plugin)
  4.  Resize the images to width 1280 (use nearest neighbour when resizing to keep pixelated)
  5.  Overlay in new layer dmd dot effect png (copy here https://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/22280-app-creating-real-dmd-color-videos-from-wheel-image/?do=findComment&comment=188416) and merge layers
  6.  Resize images to 1080 width, use best quality
  7.  Resize canvas to 1920*1080 - select image centred at bottom
  8.  Remove black from images making it transparent, i use the paint.net colour to alpha plugin
  9.  Add gradient overlay as layer and then merge
  10.  Copy images as required to have enough to make a video loop & renumber filenames.
  11.  Rotate the images so bottom is on the left (quickest way is select all in windows explorer and right click)

If different size (captured form virtual dmd)

•  similar to 128*32, but no need to add dmd dot overlay (as it is probably already dots)

They do take a while!!

• Thanks 1