All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Config.ini issue with 15.68

mace

Just updated to Gameex 15.68 and after running I noticed my Pinball FX3 games would not run.

Checking I found that part of the Command Line entry in the Emulator setup tab had changed from "Pinball Fx3.exe" to "PinballFx3.exe". Changed it back, closed and checked the config.ini and all was well however after running Gameex once again my Pinball FX3 games would not run. Checked the config.ini again and it had dropped the space and reverted from "Pinball Fx3.exe" to "PinballFx3.exe" again.

@Tom Speirs I noticed that you mentioned that there have been some changes (performance improvements) to ini file processing so I am guessing that the space stripping may be something to do with that. 

Here are the files:

The original pre update file (Gameex(before).ini) shows that the emulator settings have a space in the program name in the command line ("Pinball FX2.exe" & "Pinball FX3.exe")

After the 15.68 update to Gameex, those emulators do not run, the reason appears to be that the spaces have been stripped from the GameEx.ini file (Gameex(after).ini)

No errors apparent in Log.txt (also attached)

Running the setup wizard shows the spaces have gone (FX2aftergameexrun.PNG & FX3aftergameexrun.PNG)

I corrected the commands in the wizard by adding back spaces (CorrectedsetupFX2.PNG & CorrectedsetupFX3.PNG) and checked verify performed correctly (verify.png). HOWEVER checking the GameEx.ini file still shows spaces are missing. Reopening setup wizard at this stage still has the correct command line with spaces still shown? This is repeatable.

Finally manually editing the Gameex.ini to add the spaces back does not work as they are stripped our again once Gameex is run.

So as far as I can tell the setup wizard does not appear to be correctly updating the .ini and Gameex v15.68 seems to be stripping out spaces from the emulator command lines when run.

Sorry for the information overload but I wanted to cover the bases.

Verify.PNG

FX2aftergameexrun.PNG

FX3aftergameexrun.PNG

CorrectedsetupFX2.PNG

CorrectedsetupFX3.PNG

GameEx(before).ini GamEx(after).ini log.txt