All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] PinballX V3.60 Loading Videos

scutters

do you have the system menu enabled ? if so does it happen if you disable the menu.

can you share / upload one of the video's i'm willing to try it out on my system to see if i can reproduce it (i'm currently not using loading video's don't think i will in future either but just for testing)

Edit: no need to upload a video, i found one on the internet an i'm having the same behaviour. If pinballx.exe is started and first time you select a table the loading video is not played but just a black screen. Any second table you choose the loading video starts playing. Will now test disabling system menu to see if it has an influence

Edit2 System menu has no effect so not the cause

I created 2 log files one log is when i first launched the 1st table after starting pinballx (log1.txt) the 2nd (log.txt) is from when i started a two  same tables after each other first time not displaying the loading image second time it does

The only diffrence i see in the log is that with the first launch hide dmd is not present after launch system while i started 2 times the same table (from bingo game room) and hidedmd is set to true in game manager for balyybeauty but not sure if it's related could be another issue but i can not verify as i only have 2 screens and always hide the dmd

image.png.90ab22992c490be1907981d87695f492.png

image.png.e352a8ec478615f35320fdc695dff459.png

• Thanks 1

@joyrider3774 Thanks man... appreciate the testing. Glad it's not just me then!

I was just testing with table videos from the pbx media folders anyway, in case it was somehow related to size/res of the video i also tried with a dmd video (a lot smaller and lower res) but still got the same black screen on 1st table loaded. I launched the same table twice (or more) for my tests, but couldn't see any difference in the log between launches.

From what i can tell the blank loading video screen issue on first table only affects 32bit not 64 installs

I can briefly see a loading screen on my desktop 3.63 install on first table (it's brief though as no games loaded)

i still have the issue on my main pc with 3.66 (running 32 bit) have not tried on my cabinet yet, my cabinet was using 64 bit and had the issue as well. Will try later on my cabinet

edit: installed 3.66 64 bit on my cabinet, it's still exhibiting the same problem with me no loading screen on first table selection

This is weird, V3.66 32 or 64 bit on my desktop works with loading a video on the first table.

Can only try V3.66 32bit on the cab at the moment, that doesn't. Only get videos on 2nd table and after (loading images still work for first table loaded if no videos present).

Sorry, looks like my earlier statement about it being a 32bit only issue was wrong

whats the difference between your desktop and cabinet ? is it an exact copy of what's running on your cabinet (i mean same media available). I will try later removing media (well temporary renaming them) to see if it makes a difference.

Edit: limitting media used did not seem to impact it with me but i did not remove all media. I also reinstalled lavc codecs from download section on the site no difference am running out of idea's. There must be something on our systems that prevents it from working

edit2: managed to get it going lav video settings seems to impact it @scutters did you disable some pixel formats in your lav video settings ? as i did that because i had gotten some black screens on some video's i did the same on my cabinet. Renabling all formats fixed it for me but then i might get black preview video's. So the trick will be to verify which one need to be reenabled out of the ones i had disabled in first place.

edit3: 
i followed this post to fix the black screens initially disabling some output formats as shown there 

reenabling this one makes the table video show on the 1st table with me, disabling it will not make it show on 1st table. I had disabled on my main pc as well as cabinet the 2 lower rows because i was getting black screen in table preview video's sometimes as was mentioned in above topic. I still need to test on my cabinet to see if i all my video's still play but on my main pc (re)enabling that one fixes it for me. Try renabling the output formats and renable only the one fixing the issue (if it also fixes it for you)
image.png.ae8a6c597c520e73e1b0f724d6d44783.png

edit4: reenabling same output format as in screenshot above also fixes it on my cabinet. And i went through all my tables none display a black screen for playfield video's. So It *might* be that you did not have to disable all the lower rows as in the initial topic that mentioned disabling the lower rows to fix the black video issue's

• Thanks 1