All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinballX 3.55 Wipes Out Cab Button Settings

tbhicks99

I upgraded from PinballX 3.43 to 3.55 and now the flipper and magnasave buttons on my cab have been reset and all they do is control the volume down, just like if I was pressing the minus sign on a keyboard. Other buttons are ok. Attached are the log files but I have verified that the keyboard/joystick settings in 3.43 and 3.55 are the same. Before I upgraded, I made a copy of the entire PinballX folder (3.43). When I run PinballX 3.43, everything is fine.  I have run the 3.55 upgrade multiple times and this issue happens every time. I saw a similar problem reported on another thread, but it didn't look like it was ever resolved.

[SETTINGS].log log.txt PinballX.ini

on my pc the log file looks recent.

I noticed the following : "05:30:34.1 8/25/2019: Auto configure Visual Pinball"  i think you got the autoconfigure setting for visual pinball set. What happens if you redefine your keys in visual pinball and set auto configure setting to false in pinball x visual pinball settings like in screenshot below and launch a table afterwards?

image.thumb.png.79eadcdf4ad99df9c76f61d381bf70a5.png 

I just wanted to point out that this setting is not enabled by default. It has to be turned on. It will also be turned on if the user selects to install Visual Pinball from the installer.

I don't believe it is anything to do with the latest version particularly.