All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Bradley Trainer: Atari’s Top Secret Military Project

tthurman

Here's a link to one of Tony's posts over on The Arcade Blogger that's a nice follow up on my earlier post re: Star Wars Fascinating Facts.

https://arcadeblogger.com/2016/10/28/bradley-trainer-ataris-top-secret-military-project/

<edit> yes I know the link is in the Mental Floss article, but you know how easy it is to read over those!

• Like 1

You should read Armada, Earnest Cline's other book. This is specifically mentioned and the idea of using video games as a top secret military training program is a central theme. Ever heard of Polybius? Do you really think noting was gained from the MK-Ultra experiments and that the program wasn't continued under another top-secret code name? The truith is out there my friend. The question is, do you really want to know the answers?

Seriously though, I don't think Armada deserves the hate it gets. It shares many of the same lines and ideas from Ready Player One, but isn't the same book at all. Derivitive? Perhaps, but more like written by the same novelist. It's fun in it's own right and IMO has an endless path for sequels, unlike Ready Player One. He could build a universe out of Armada, it would just be very different. That might be exciting to write and read. Or it could be total crap..lol!

• Thanks 1