All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Progetto VideoSnaps not working after update in Win7

Necromancyr

Wanted to just check if there was a change from some internal engine to the WMP engine in the latest GameEx update? Updated last night and my videos aren't playing.  They are Progetto video snaps, and I know they have issues with WMP, but they were working previously so just trying to identify the issue.

(Or, similar question - is there a setting that may have changed that would make them not work - maybe a video player toggle of some sort in settings?)

Thanks in advance for the insight/help!

Thanks for the quick reply Tom.

And HRM.  :)   I have the LAV codecs installed.  Even went so far as to uninstall and reinstall them to test.  No idea what else could be causing it. 

There is ONE other change that was made that could be causing it (what video out I use off my MB - HDMI vs VGA), which seems a stretch but I'll try switching back and seeing.  I switched to put a video processor to deal with my cab (it's got a mirror in it) better so I don't need to invert everything anymore...that COULD have screwed things up and I didn't notice somehow.

Yeah, I don't think its on my end. The main changes in the latest update were improved gamepad support and faster ini file processing. There was a very lsmall change to the video code but I be hugely surprised if it would make any kind of difference.

I would also try going into lav settings and disabling the 32 bit video checkboxes. That is a known issue on some systems.

Im well aware those videos can cause an issue because they are encoded as 4:4:4. If your display cant support them check those lav settings.

Note that unchecking those formats does not disable support for them  LAV will convert them.

Ok, so...it's not that easy.  Seems like doing the tweaks I did (using LAV as the splitter, uninstalling one version) actually got it working in WMP - but no video is playing in GameEx still. 

Is there a way (outside of restarting gameex over and over) of tweaking settings to try to figure out what might make it work? 

Phew...ok.  Few things I've learned in getting this working. 

• LAV Settings: Installed the entire package, all 4 (x64 and 32).  Open the video config and deselected ALL output formats.  That got it showing in GameEx.  Also, turning on the tray icons can be done to make sure things are processing through LAV correctly. 
  • Windowing GameEx: Three settings need to be set - one isn't obvious.  First, in the display settings you need to set it to windowed mode and a smaller resolution - HOWEVER (and this is non-intuitive) you also need to make sure in the advanced settings you ALLOW resizing of the window, otherwise it locks to your last resolution (and when you go back into SettingWizard, it'll say full screen etc.)
  • Unlocking/capturing mouse in GameEx window: You must have NO mouse/trackball/etc. inputs enabled or GameEx will 'capture' the mouse/cursor and pull it back to itself when windowed, stopping you from using other windows, testing, etc.

So...that's how I got it working.  :)