All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

pinballx back glass covers "form1" aka b2s

Davester

Good day!  I believe I have the latest version of everything: pinballx 3.55, VPX 3.5 also trying 3.6, pinmame 3,1, B2S 1.3.0.3

everything works great in VPX B2s work show no prob.  In pinballX many tables have the "form1" AKA B2S Server hiding under the PinballX Back Glass video after loading the table, I have to alt+tab to get it to show up.

PinballX.ini log.txt

found a way to fix, on tables that are acting this way, alt-tab to make it show, right click on the B2S, select "Bring BG Form to front" save and restart.  kinds sucks to have to go through all my tables now....  does not show up in standalone mode because i have nothing in the window 2

Does setting hide backglass in game manager fix it also ? Only a guess i think it hides the backs glass from pinball x frontend then when the table is launched preventing the problem from happening in the first place but it's only a guess. You could verify in game manager if you have those set or not and try changing it once for a table that still has the problem

I think the directb2s server you use is to use pinupplayer. This will put the backglass behind the active windows (so that pinup player is in front)

From my mate @scuttersI received the following suggestion in the past:

I think all you need to do is add this line to the top of  B2STableSettings.xml to make sure it doesn't go to the back;

<B2STableSettings>
  <HyperpinXMLFile>C:\PinballX\Databases\Visual Pinball\Visual Pinball.xml</HyperpinXMLFile>
  <ArePluginsOn>1</ArePluginsOn>
  <DefaultStartMode>2</DefaultStartMode>
  <LogPath>
  </LogPath>
  <IsLampsStateLogOn>0</IsLampsStateLogOn>
  <IsSolenoidsStateLogOn>0</IsSolenoidsStateLogOn>
  <IsGIStringsStateLogOn>0</IsGIStringsStateLogOn>
  <IsLEDsStateLogOn>0</IsLEDsStateLogOn>
  <IsPaintingLogOn>0</IsPaintingLogOn>
  <IsStatisticsBackglassOn>0</IsStatisticsBackglassOn>
  <ShowStartupError>0</ShowStartupError>
  <FormToFront>1</FormToFront>
  <ScreenshotPath>
  </ScreenshotPath>
  <ScreenshotFileType>0</ScreenshotFileType>

But I still use the older version of directb2s that puts standard the backglass to front and if I use a puppack, I rename the original backglass extension, so it only use the pup-backglass, but atill have the original file(if I want to switch back)

Hope this info helps you

• Like 1