All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Issue with latest rev (custom theme)

Gildahl

Just upgraded to the latest GameEx and it seriously messed up a custom theme of mine.  I tried replacing the gameex.ini file, then the theme, and then even the entire theme folder from a backup to no avail.  Even tried replacing the entire root folder and it didn't fix it.  Only by rolling completely back to the previous version (15.58) from a backup could I get my theme back to normal.  I've attached my theme (it's the Golden Age one that gave me the problem).  Also attached GameEx.ini from my currently working (rolled back) installation.

Dave's Theme.zip GameEx.ini

After upgrading to the latest version, did you try loading your theme into Theme Editor, save it as a new theme (whatever your theme name-v2 for example) then change to that theme via Setup Wizard to see if it loaded correctly? I know that I have had to do that once or twice in the past long long ago.

I have the same problem after taking the update. My custom theme and my custom menue is also messed up. even after deselecting custom menue and taking a downloaded theme the  downloaded theme is not shown right. there is also no text-button for change view. so im stucked with text based gameslists and can not choose a wheele view. is there a keyboard command for change view in  a theme? 

please fix this

best regards

Hi Tom...the only thing in my theme folder that I didn't include was the media subfolder.  But it's too big to attach here, and I didn't really customize anything there.  It's just the [Layout] values in Golden Age Arcade.ini that don't seem to be being obeyed anymore.  Things I stretched or moved just off screen edges are getting overridden (it would appear).  So, for example, where I had the wheel stretched all the way from the top to the bottom of the screen, it now gets squashed to (what I think) is its default size.  My screen resolution is 1600x1200.

Again, happy to take a look if you get it to me. Your a registerd user so you could upload it to the ftp if it wont send in a pm?

But all it can be is the changes to ini file processing 

It will be easier for me to fix if I can duplicate it easily but Ill look at the obvious anyway.

Hi Tom.  Just tried it out.  Still the same.  I tried using both the online update and also upgrading from the downloaded zip.  Both continue to leave my theme altered.  Here are before and after pictures.  You'll notice that in the top picture (v.15.58), I had stretched the wheel to reach from top to bottom of the screen and gotten rid of the menu and logo...but in the bottom picture (v.15.67), the wheel is scrunched, the top menu and logo are back, and the bottom data fields have moved.

1_before.jpg

2_after.jpg

Hi Tom,

Ok this build seems to have fixed the problem.  Thanks!

There is one new thing though...a new feature?  On the main landing screen, I am now getting a scrolling message at the bottom right that says "C:\GameEx\THEMES\Dave's Deep Purple\MEDIA\start_scroller.txt"  What is this and can I make it go away?

Dave 

Hmm.  Now that I think about it, maybe I do remember seeing it a long time ago and disabled it.  I'd like to make it go away again...especially given the fact that it is displaying a file path, which is kind of weird :-)