All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] PinballX 3.55 - Minor Issues

scutters

A couple of minor issues on 3.55;

1. The Enable Default Filters option in Settings.exe doesn't seem to update pinballx.ini anymore
  2. I haven't recreated this, but a message box appeared when starting pinballx, i think it was a date time stamp but occurred only once. I think it was after i added a new table in game manager, so maybe related to the new Recent Tables lists?

Thanks for the updates Tom, appreciate the new functionality :)

Yes. We (scutter and I) already noticed it that it was from the recently added. Thanks for addin it(was 1 of my feature requests).

Just curious. Where do you store the info ?(or how do you know the list that was recently added)?

Will check the new version shortly. Still pretty early here and don't want to wake up the familiy

Its stored in statistics.ini

Should probably move it to a database longer term but performance doesn't seem to be an issue.

On first run of pinballx it sets a setting, general, version =2. and sets date added to the past, on future runs it checks for new files and the date to the current time for each table  (on pinballx startup)

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tom Speirs said:

Its stored in statistics.ini

Should probably move it to a database longer term but performance doesn't seem to be an issue.

On first run of pinballx it sets a setting, general, version =2. and sets date added to the past, on future runs it checks for new files and the date to the current time for each table  (on pinballx startup)

Thanks for the info Tom.

Looks like my script I made. I can set it to obsolete and check your version. Performance should be better.

Thanks again for all your hard work and all the time you spend for the community :cheers:

@Tom Speirs I downloaded last version and i don't think the problem with the settings app is fixed. 

The default list options seems to be linked to the add missing tables value in game manager. Changing either one changes the other (if you restart settings app you'll notice it when changing one of the values). Enable Default list options still does not update pinballx.ini well it seems its possible it updates the wrong value

these 2 are linked somehow on my system
image.png.3bb074bbb417262c31820b6421266753.png

Or was this not fixed yet ?

PinballX.ini

Edit: Seems to be fixed in 3.57 wen i just tested