All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

I've Got That Sinking Feeling...

RIP-Felix

...Wo..oh..that sinking feeling...

I've got that sinking felling that it's gone...gone...gone...Oh - god - noooooooooOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Hello and welcome to my Skyrim misery. Long story short, I got wrecked son! I didn't know that my archmage chambers in the college of winterhold weren't a safe place to store all my loot from the game. After a long hiatus from the game I picked it back up and...everything is gone! My archmage robes, dragon bones/scales, magical weapons, armor, potions, ingredients, spells, misc items...everything except what my follower, conjured slave mule, and I had on our persons. DAMN-IT-Bethesda! Now I feel like giving up on this game or starting over from scratch. What a let down...WHAT A FU@%ing DISISTER! I was at Level 48, approximately half-way through the quests, and I strait up got jacked by Bethesda! What the hell is the point now? They lead you to believe these are your quarters after finishing the Mage's Guild quest line, but didn't make the containers there safe? WTF!!! They won't let you carry much, force you to store it, lure you into a false sense of security after you get invested in the game, and then penalize you by leaving such a broken glitch in the game. I get it, saves would be huge if the game remembered every item location and re-loaded it's last position, but the archmage's chambers should be safe ground! The NPC's lead you to think so!, me at least. How could you have expected anyone not to fall for this? Was it done on purpose? HUGE OVERSIGHT! INEXCUSABLE!

So, guys. What are your most disappointing moments in video games? I have to say this is near the top of my list.

Don't you own a house somewhere?  From what I remember, the game tries to emulate a real world environment.  Anything  you store outside your house is essentially ups for grabs.  Now that you mention it though, I agree that the "quarters" should be somewhere you can store stuff safely.  I know I hid some stuff in a cave one time and came back my next gameplay and it was gone.  Kinda nice when you think about it, it forces you to think rather than just play.

Yes I have a house in whiterun, but since I became the archmage after completing mage's guild his quarters became mine. Some websites have the archmage's quarters on the list of safe storage locations, but apparently it's not.

I just went back through my saves and found one from 2 years ago that was in the archmages quarter. My stuff was there! My guess is that the only reason it didn't disappear is because I saved in there. So I moved it all back to my house in whiterun. But I was at level 31 in that save and will have to complete a bunch of quests again to get back to where I was, not to mention leveling up my skills and reacquiring unique item i found along the way. What a PITA!

Yeah, but it's fun.  :)  At least you know you've already done it and can do it again.  I don't play on the PC, I have it on Xbox One X. I've not loaded it up in probably 3 years though.  Seeing your post is biting my appetite though.  You're lucky you had a save from before still available to you. 

I'm on PS4, but yeah it's not the end of the world. It's just really annoying that I have to go back and clear all the missions again. Kinda makes me want to start from scratch with a new character class and fast level using exploits, tricks, and whatnot. They cheated me, so why shouldn't I return the insult?

Been sneak attacking the Greybeards in High-Hothgar to level up archery, sneaking, and one handed to get my level back up above 46 so I can get Chilrend with it's max enchantment. Before I realized my stuff got wacked I was working on completing the dark brotherhood so the ship with Windshear on it will show up. So I'll have to do that again. Once I have "Windshear" and "Chillrend" the game is broken! 2 handed mayhem is what that is. Then there'll be no problem rehashing the quests I lost. NO ONE CAN STAND AGAINST...Prometh3eus!

Are you using a guide or walkthrough?  When I played, it was just for fun, exploring, and just whatever.  I never had any goals, and don't know what any of that stuff "Chilrend/Windshear, etc" is.  I think I finally put the game on the shelf after a long time of not accomplishing anything and essentially giving up.  I prefer a more story driven, direct line from from start finish style RPG.  Free roam with thousands of things to do with no end in site just gets boring.

19 hours ago, hansolo77 said:

Are you using a guide or walkthrough?

Youtube.

The games been out for so long and I hadn't played that save in 2 years, been busy modding my consoles I guess! Anyway, I just came across a guide about the best/most broken weapons in Skyrim and decided to pick it back up. Yeah, it's pretty easy to level up quickly using Sneak attacks. Activate the thief stone for an extra 20% experience boost when Sneaking, sleep in a an owned bed (your house or an inn) for another "well rested" 10% boost, Grab a dagger, turn up the difficulty to legendary, find an NPC that can't die, sneak behind and whack away (boosts sneak and one handed at the same time). Shoot arrows in sneak. Use an restoration spell to keep the NPC alive and your restoration will go up as well. Sneak will level to 100 in minutes and you can reset it to legendary to keep going. The trick is to get the sneak perks that do more damage, because you earn more experience based on how much damage you deal. A better weapon/enchantment combo, the faster too.

You can create a character pretty quickly doing this. Named weapons, who's enchantment scales based on your level when you obtain it, won't be useless until you can remove the enchantment (requires a level 100 smiting perk). Just get your character's level above 46 first. Then complete the quests. All the named weapons will have their max base damage and enchantment.

Cheating, sure! I played as far as I wanted before moving on. This gave me renewed interest, so whatever makes it interesting again I guess.