All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pinball X dont kill applications

GzStation

Hi!

I have resolve my problem of PFX3 that quit after few seconds by runing Pinball X as Admin ( Wasted so many times on that )... But now when I play a game and want to quit... The ESC key pressed for 6 Seconds didn't work and is configured well in the setup of Pinball X ( i Think ). I have try other pinball game like PFX2 and TPA and it's all the same. I've try to change it for Q ans it's stil the same.... Please could any one help me with this one.

I am using the latest version of pinballX so Pinball X 3.52.

Thank you for your help!

PinballX.ini [SETTINGS].log log.txt

I had to manually quit it from the menu of PFX 3.... Quit the table... go in the menu... Quit the application..... bring me back to Pinball X... A little painful when you show it to someone....

Just tested it and you are right.
The exit emulator key doesn't respond. Not on keyboard and not on joystick code.
But to be honest, I don't use this option.
If I want to quit, I click on the exit button (and not holding it for 6 seconds. 
Is the following setting working for you set the "Hold key to exit emulator" to no,  starts an table and after 20 seconds click the exit

I think @Tom Speirs need to look at the code of this button why it is not working

I have try to put Q as Quit and W as Exit Emulator....

As i understand The Quit fonction in for the the Pinball X application... So when you want to Quit Pinball X, in my case i press q and select Exit and Pinball X Quit.

But when i want to quit... Pinball FX 3 because i feel not good enough and i decide to RAGE QUIT... Should i use the Exit Emulator commande ( Should it be like the ALT + F4 Fonction ? ).

Is that something i have missed somewhere ??? How to kill my game corectly without going thrue the complete menu of the Pinball FX 3 to quit?

Thank you so much for you time... I really apreciate that...

Q Quit and W Exit Emul.JPG

This is my setup :

I've set the "Hold  key to exit emulator " to NO

image.png.ed418aff27c4c87adefd30845af12c5d.png |

This forces (I guess). because it is working for me ) to quit the emulator with the quit key  (that is set to one of my Joy buttons, but also working on keyboard)image.png.765e3ae804dadb0170e83d3d925f4540.png

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mike_da_Spike said:
3 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

Should be fixed in the next release.

Thanks.

Tom.

Thank you for your hard work! It's really apreciated!

I noticed this today after I upgraded to latest release of pinballX. I had to use task master in windows to exit a VPX game if using pinballX. Glad to see it’s not just me. I scratched my head for two hours on this issue. Glad I haven’t updated my cabinet yet. 

1 hour ago, bushav said:

I noticed this today after I upgraded to latest release of pinballX. I had to use task master in windows to exit a VPX game if using pinballX. Glad to see it’s not just me. I scratched my head for two hours on this issue. Glad I haven’t updated my cabinet yet. 

I have lost 1 1/2 day on this one... looking every setup of every machine... looking on the forum for a clue.... and decided to make a post and voilà!!! I was not so dumb... it was just a bug....

Thank you life to make me wasting my time as usual on every project I make for stupid things that is totally out of my control... 

So now that Pinball FX 3 is working perfectly... I will be able to try to put Arcoodia functional on my setup after spending 200$ Canadian on this fonction...It will be gorgeous!!! Hell YEAH!!!

*off topic*

Spend arround 500 dollar for licence and all tables for arcooda (but every table pack before they stopped). Already had all packs on ps3 and ps4. But dont use it on the cab.

Focus on visuall pinball. That looks much better. And support for toys (dof framework)

But thats just my advice ;)