All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED]RealDMD showing first 0.5 sec when Systems is selected

Mike_da_Spike

This is banging me for multiple days now, but just found out the following:
I've created a lot of realDMD videos and playing fine when are attached to a table.
I wanted to create realDMD video's for the systems and could not get it to work properly. 
It  only shows me the first 0.5 seconds of a video (also the video's I found on internet)
The only video that is playing fine is the PBX logo (good work Tom  :cheers:  )
For example :
I copied the v12.mp4 from FX2 and named it - system -.mp4 (I know that V12 is working)
See the video below. it starts with the VisualPinballX i copied from Terry. It  is only showing the first 0.5 seconds and in a loop. After that I go to FX3 where I have the V12 video. It is just Yellow with the blocks that should fade in from the sides, but just 'banging'.
Going to the table with the same video it is showing fine

I hope that this can be fixed

Am I just the only one with this issue ? (Or am I the only realDMD user ?)
I just checked and think it is a PBX bug.
I copied over from the videos directory the No Real DMD Color.avi file to my FX3 media folder and renamed it to - system -.avi.
I got the same behavior as with my own video's
See below video. Started with Pinball Wicked with no - system -. file (showing orignal No Real DMD Color.avi file) , move to FX3 with the copied -system-.avi file

unfortunatly i have no real dmd in my cabinet :( i just have 2 screen setup and don't use dmd video's (my backglasses contains recorded dmd inside it). You mentioned the video from PBX logo works fine ? maybe you can compare resolution of that video to yours and also verify codec used you can do that with vlc and check codec information. If the information is different you could try reencoding the video's to the same format as the video that is working.

It could also be pbx problem if the same video that is working for your tables (from v12 for example) is failing in the system selection and then @Tom Speirs is the only one that can verify it 

But again i have no real dmd so can not verify this and it's only an idea