SpesoftPinballXConvert-It
Sign in to follow this  
joyrider3774

Quick start for system menu media

Hey as of pinballx 3.49 a system menu is now supported. You basically have to name the media for system menu  "- system -.extension" it can be movie picture etc and you just have to place them in your usual media folders (not a seperate one)

I created / searched media tonight for the systems i use / have and uploaded them to the gameex ftp under this directory "/-PinballX-/Other Uploads/Joyrider3774/System Media" i placed them in seperate "system media" folder to make clear it's for the new system  menu but you should place them in your existing system folders.

i did not find any logo / splashscreens for visual pinball so i'm using pinuppoper media files for the backglass for this however i did not upload these, you will need to get them somewhere else i did however upload all other things and i even created certain table media for example to show a few tables that can be played if the system is chosen. I used "Openshot" for this. It's a free / opensource video editor where you can easily import pictures and media and add certain effects. I only added a fade in / out effect between tables.

Here's whats included:

1. Pinball FX3
    1. Backglass image (found on the net)
    2. Table video (created by me based on table video's i had on my system (not created by me)
  2. BigScore Pinball
    1. Backglass (found on the net / bad quality)
    2. table video (created by me, just the single table)
  3. BingoGameroom
    1. Backglass (taken from bingogameroom program itselve)
    2. table video (created by me based on screenshot pictures from tables)
  4. Malzbies pinball collection
    1. Backglass (found picture on the net)
    2. table video (created by me based on table video's i did already also created by me)
  5. Pinball Arcade
    1. Backglass picture (Created by me based on logo + picture i found of pinball tables on the net)
    2. Table video (Created by me based on table video's i had on my system (not created by me)
  6. Pinball Wicked
    1. Backglass picture (edited logo + picture from their press kit)
    2. Table video (Created by me, just the single table)
  7. Visual Pinball
    1. Table video (created by me based on table video's i had on my system)
    2. there is no backglass here but you can temporary install pinup popper (on another pc) or ask someone that has it installed to send the backglass video from it, i did not supply it)
  8. Zaccaria Pinball
    1. Backglass Picture (edited screenshot of the (old ?) splashscreen, i removed the press A button thingie)
    2. Table Video (created by me based on table video's i had on my system)
  9. Future Pinball
    1. there is no backglass here, take the one from pinuppopper (not supplied)
    2. Table video (Created by me, based on table video's i had on my system from future pinball)
  10. Some system logos, some pulled from the net some basic ones i had on my system and bingogameroom one taken from program itselve

in the video below you can see my system menu, but it does not include all mentioned video's above as i did not finish creating them at the time i created the video

In case anyone already downloaded i just added a fading table video with a few tables for future pinball. No backglass, you can use the one from pinup popper. 

if someone wants to create these fading table video's using openshot themselves, i'm willing to create a video on how i did them. It's not that hard and you can create one quickly with the tables videos you have (so you can choose which tables are displayed in the table video for the system)

Thank Joyrider.

I've only found some nais videos of vpx and fx3 I could use. Will check ftp what you created. Hope that other people get inspired to too create nice videos(and hope someone can create realdmd video's) 

Maybe @ImagineVP can also make some nice videos. Love his work