All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinballX and vertical videos

bau42

Hi everyone,

i installed PinballX in a vertical cabinet so as to run Mame games like Tempest. It runs well but my videos does not rotate in pinballX. I don't find any options to do that.

Is it possible ?

You can see in my photo that the title logo has a correct rotation but my video not.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_2026.jpg

what happens if you rotate the video yourselve. It could be your video's are recorded in bad orientation / rotation but not sure. Did you record them yourselve or you had gotten them from somewhere ?

My video's on my cabinet are also rotated compared to how they are displayed vertically (i also rotate 270 degrees like you it seems). If i play a video from my pinball x in vlc or some other player on my main pc (which is not rotated so not on my cabinet) they are ortientated like this. Are your video's also rotated like this when played on a normal landscape oriented pc ? If not that might be the cause

movies.thumb.jpg.9cdfbef3f96d76563703979522d92711.jpg

My guess is that they are stock portrait orientation videos. I am pretty certain that someone had put together a collection of vertical oriented MAME videos either on the FTP or on Emumovies but don't hold me to it.

there seem to be some video's in both orientations  (comparing to my pinball video's) here /-PinballX-/Media/MAME/Table Videos and here /-PinballX-/Media/MAME/Table Videos Desktop on ftp (you can see filenames but not download here and here) probably one of these 2 folders contain video's in correct orientation for his setup

i also noticed in his pinballx.ini he has desktopmode set to yes but i don't know if it influences the video orentation. If i change it locally with me in settings it does not seem to change anything 

do you have both the desktop and table videos in your setup in different orientation if so i would try setting desktop mode to no in the settings and see if it changes something. according the little help tip it changes which video's are loaded (but i don't think by looking at my setup it will rotate them for you, you'll need them in correct oriantion / rotation for your setup)

@bau42 

What a cool looking arcade cab m8, did you build it yourself?